Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #1

New 2011 cedar creek 36ckts owner

Hi all ,wife and I just recently bought a new to us 2011 36ckts cedar creek, I hope we made the right choice. WE had a 2014 Surveyor Sport model 275, and we loved it but iam looking forward to retirement in a year or so (eg) when I quit buying toys like my wife says. Just recently purchased a new 2015 chevy silverado 3500 duramax to pull our trailer. and of course the fifth wheel. Had to get those out of the way before retirement dont you agree?? I bought the trailer site unseen in ontario Canada and I live in B.C. and wont be able to pick it up until at least middle of may,so I have some anxsious months waiting to get it . this was a private sale and the gentleman agreed to take our 27 foot travel trailer on a trade. I just hope I made the right choice of fifth wheels ,i did hear good things about the cedar creeks and we really liked the lay out of this one hope my truck pulls it ok can any one add to this thank you
buckaroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #2

Generally not a good move to buy any RV sight unseen, but hope your purchase works out. I'd be on the road to look it over pronto.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Generally not a good move to buy any RV sight unseen, but hope your purchase works out. I'd be on the road to look it over pronto.
I agree
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

X2
birdman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

At least check that it is properly winterized and no leaks.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Rich and Char

We bought ours new in 2013 , and absolutely love it , there have been some minor issues that I took care of myself , " I don't like tieing it up at the dealer for weeks and getting it back with more to fix". But all in all one of the nicest trailer we owned. And when I needed to contact Forest River I never had a problem , and they were most accomadating .
With proper care and maintenance they should last a long time .
As for buying site unseen , Byer Be Ware ,
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #7

I had a 2011 CC 36CKTS and loved it with zero problems. Liked it to the extent I now have a 2015 CC 36CKTS. Definitely a good unit.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #8

Friends of ours, 2 in fact, own 2011 Cedar Creek models and both were very happy with their units. We have a large Dealer just 12 miles from us in Southern |Ontario and have about a dozen or so CK models from 2003 thru 2014 in our RV Park.
Just winterized my 2004 as it is getting close to the freezing point here,on occasion, so as mentioned above, be sure that your " new to you unit " has been properly done.
If I can be of assistance to you, please let me know.
kenenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #9

Should you have any issues with your 2011 Cedar Creek check into the Forest river Owners Group (FROG). There is a FROG Rally in Goshen, IN in August, this year it starts on Aug. 14th. At that rally factory workers will repair issues you have with your unit at No Charge. Join the FROG and be looking for registration info sometime in March typically. Registration fills quickly, so if you have an interest be on the look out for this info.
wbonta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #10

I bought my gently used 2010 34RLSA in
in the year 2013 private sale . One thing that you want to do is have the owner take the CC to a dealer for inspection and this will be the best money you ever spent. On mine they found that the wheel seals have leaked and required all the brakes the be replace 1200.00 ( owner paid for repairs) all else was in great shape roof, all appliances worked , no water leaks or water stains , no damage , tires , etc etc
The dealer will have a inspection report list for you. If the owner doesn't want to do this than you know there is a problem.
We did have one window that leaked and one call to Foreast River and we had the problem fixed . Great service
we love our CC and have done 2 trips south with it and shes all packed up ready to go for this winter
Barry
Old 11-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #11

Thank you guys for the advice I know site unseen is buyer be ware the guy I got it from has taken real good care of unit and will have a dealer inspect as one other fellow Barry suggested I got lots of pics sent to me how do I post pics on this site
Old 11-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #12

That frog sounds like a good thing thank you I'll try it

Tags
2011, cedar creek