Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #41

We are considering on purchasing a cedar creek cottage and living in it, just not sure how well the unit will be in our winters in Canada as we can see lows going down to -30 deg cel. We would only be living in it from mid April to mid Dec. and then going to warmer climates, so the more info that I can get on this unit the better informed I will be.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #42

We have a 200# propane tank installed and have not used very much of it. Of course it has warmed up some, but suppose to cool back down late this week.

Have a question for those of you that have the micro/convection oven combo. Do you take the turntable out when you use the convection oven? Our user manual is lacking instructions. Have never used convection oven before so just needed to kown if you take the turntable out.

Thanks
Jerri

Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #43
edt

We didn't on our last unit wife never got use to if hope new unit works better our new unit should be in around April 1 . How is it working out on a full time bais in Virginia?.....
Old 02-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #44

We love it. This unit has a 46" inch TV and wow! We never had anything bigger than 32" before. We like that the TV is built in the hutch instead of being on a lift.

Love the 80" couch and the recliner chairs. Still getting use to everything. Trying to figure out the convection oven right now.

I hate when they don't give you good user manuals. I even went to Whirlpool to download one and it is the same crappy one that I have.

Virginia is good. It has warmed up some so haven't used alot of propane but it is suppose to cool off later next week.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerri3086 View Post
We will be living in ours during the winter. We are having 2 100 lb propane tanks delivered so we will be toasty warm. We have been down in the teens already and have had no problems in the 5th wheel, so we will be fine.

I was going to get a 100lb and get a piggy back line to connect a 30lb in case I run out with the 100lb until I can get it filled.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #46

Just talked to my wife and she said that you can leave the dish in when on convection it doesn't hurt anything.
If you are missing some of the instructions you can email forest river and ask for additional paper work, I would send you what I have bit I'm at my home until end of March.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #47

Thanks charcol. I have the sorry excuse of a manual that whirlpool left in the micro/conv oven. Went online to find another one but I can only find the same one I have. Will need to read up on convection cooking. I guess I will need new pans to cook in.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerri3086 View Post
Thanks charcol. I have the sorry excuse of a manual that whirlpool left in the micro/conv oven. Went online to find another one but I can only find the same one I have. Will need to read up on convection cooking. I guess I will need new pans to cook in.
Glass turntable can be used either in microwave or convection mode. Rack can only be used in convection mode and must be removed for microwave mode.

This unit has no turnoff of the turntable in either mode. You do not need special bakeware for the convection oven. You will need to use small round wire rack if using the turntable to place pots on in convection mode. You will use the large slide-in rack when using rectangular baking pans. The convection oven works the same as a regular oven other than, for more even cooking, you need to turn the pan around half way through the cooking and recipes usually require 25 degrees less temperature or shorter cooking times than a standard oven. In addition, the maximum time you can program to bake is 99 minutes.

You will get used to it quickly, just make sure you clean anything off the walls, ceiling or turntable before baking or once heated on is a son-of-a-gun to clean. You also can get creative, for thanksgiving, I cut the backbone out of the turkey and then broke the breast in half and then placed the flat turkey on the dressing. This allowed both to be cooked at the same time, turned out great.

Good Luck,

Jim
Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #49

Thanks for all the information. Now we are looking for a stackable washer and dryer to put in our cottage. We want seperate washer and dryer so if any of you have any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

In 3 weeks we have used about 20% of our propane, so the 200# seems like it will work well here in Virginia.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #50

Ordered our 40CCK in late January and was told that it should take about 8-10 weeks to build. It's been 5 weeks, so we are getting excited. My wife and I recently retired and are new to the RV life. For those who already own a Cottage is there any advice or lessons learned/surprises you would like to share with us? I have read on this forum that it is a good idea to audio record the PDI for future reference - so we will certainly do that.