Old 12-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #11
It has arrived

Just heard from the dealer in Anderson SC that our 38fl6 has arrived. We are off on the 29th to go down, do the paperwork battle, complete the pre delivery inspection and have it delivered to Willowtree in Myrtle. I have spent hours going over the Ceder Creek posts and will be doing the pre delivery inspection armed with six pages of notes on issues I have seen posted in this forum. (every thing from low hydrolic fluid to checking the seal around the shower and the $150.00 2nd year warranty) After it is set up, we will be snow birding there until the end of April.

MANY MANY thanks to Sticky and all of you for sharing your problems and thoughts on the Ceder Creek product. You just can't have to much info when doing the pre delivery inspection.

Bill, Jill & the 3 traveling mutts

wildbill244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #12
Congrats on the new unit. I believe they are now charging $250 for the 2nd year warranty on that unit.

2016 Cedar Creek 36ckts
2015 Ford F-350
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Congrats on the new unit. I believe they are now charging $250 for the 2nd year warranty on that unit.
Thats what they charged me a few weeks back.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2

2016 Camping Days=38
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #14
I paid 72,000for my 38FL it's a 2014 loaded with extras
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #15
On pre delivery, make lots of notes on each area. Since you are going to winter in Myrtle Beach, ENSURE you know EVERY SAFE STEP TO WINTERIZE, de winterize, and re winterize. Life calls and plans abruptly change. If you are not in your unit with ample propane operating daily ( for ANY REASON) freeze damage can occur quickly.

The pre delivery likely will not review sewer hose operation in freezing weather! You need to know these things.

Outdoor water hose(s), etc.

If it's wet, it can freeze.

Remember, in cold temps, propane use is high. Try to gauge your tanks and weekly average usage.

A few years ago we spent the winter in Mesa, AZ. Moderate winters BUT, experienced a few ICE STORMS me, I learned from experience!! Those damned tanks run out AFTER EVERY PROPANE CENTER IS CLOSED FOR THE's the propane extraction demon that resides in the tanks!!

Just say'n, think of your lists as OUTSIDE OF THE BOX.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote