Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
My Creek I had for over a year and I couldn't get the Jensen tv to play through the speakers, then I had a place that installs sound equipment install my Trav'ler on my Creek and he had the tv playing through the speakers, I had tried for over a year and he had everything working in just a few minutes. I'm going to buy a sound bar from them and let them install it. I plan to get rid of everything Jensen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
If the sound technician got the system working in a few minutes it was not the fault of the system, was it? Why blame Jensen for your inability to work your system when it was obviously not at fault?

I just installed a Jensen JWM6A and cold not be happier. It will play the TV, Satellite, DVD, Sirius radio and its own built in AM/FM radio, all through the surround Sound speakers factory installed in our Sterling 32RL.

Why not check the back of the TV and see where the out put wires are connect. It may not be an HDMI cable at all, it may be a red and a white wire connected with an RCA plugs. If that is the case selecting HDMI Arc will not play your TV through the stereo and its associated speakers.

Look in the owners manual for the stereo supplied with your camper to see what setting you should have the stereo set depending on what connection method was used.

Good Luck

2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT Diesel
TST TPMS system w/ Flow-thru sensors
2001 Cougar 281 EFS (sold)
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #12

Smile New CC can't get tv sound to play thru Jensen jwm9a...

Hi Brady,

Our new 2017 Forester GTS 2801QS was delivered in July. Although I didn't notice it during the dealer's walk-through, I realized after we got home that the sound from the television would not work through the Jensen audio system. A day or so later I noticed that the HDMI cable from the Jensen audio system was hooked to the HDMI 2 input on the television. Some research showed that I needed to hook that HDMI cable to HDMI 1 input. Only HDMI 1 input on my television uses the ARC technology. After I switched the two HDMI cables on the television the sound worked fine. These devices use this HDMI "ARC" technology. That stands for Audio Return Channel. This technology allows the devices to communicate audio, and some control signals, both directions on the same HDMI cable. I had initially thought that being there wasn't any left/right audio cable connections out of the television to feed the Jensen audio (surround sound) system, that I wouldn't get sound to the Jensen audio system from the television. As long as your television is HDMI ARC compatible you should be able to use that HDMI port and get sound out of the Jensen audio system for the DVD player and from the television itself. If for some reason the television isn't ARC compatible, you could try using a small Bluetooth audio device to send audio wirelessly from the audio left/right output of the television to the Bluetooth input of the Jensen audio system. These small Bluetooth devices come in versions that run on internal batteries and recharge through a USB port.

I hope this helps you with your issue.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #13

My original TV did play through the speakers. When I replaced the TV with a Samsung, the Samsung didn't have an audio out, so, no sound through the speakers.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 AM   #14

I sure would like to sell someone a 48 inch Jensen tv, I plan to install a 49 inch LG.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If the sound technician got the system working in a few minutes it was not the fault of the system, was it? Why blame Jensen for your inability to work your system when it was obviously not at fault?

I just installed a Jensen JWM6A and cold not be happier. It will play the TV, Satellite, DVD, Sirius radio and its own built in AM/FM radio, all through the surround Sound speakers factory installed in our Sterling 32RL.

Why not check the back of the TV and see where the out put wires are connect. It may not be an HDMI cable at all, it may be a red and a white wire connected with an RCA plugs. If that is the case selecting HDMI Arc will not play your TV through the stereo and its associated speakers.

Look in the owners manual for the stereo supplied with your camper to see what setting you should have the stereo set depending on what connection method was used.

Good Luck

I guess I'm just plan dumb, I don't like Jensen. On another note, how do you like your Wildcat Sterling 32RL? I ordered one, prettiest camper I have ever owned. But mine was unfortunately a polecat. What did you get on yours?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #16

Quote:
I guess I'm just plan dumb, I don't like Jensen. On another note, how do you like your Wildcat Sterling 32RL? I ordered one, prettiest camper I have ever owned. But mine was unfortunately a polecat. What did you get on yours?

Play nice.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
Play nice.

Who you talking too

Old 08-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Who you talking too

You with your pole cat comment.

In storing doubt in someone mind
Old 08-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #19

I had friends that I knew that had Wildcat fifth wheels and from there great reviews I ordered one from the factory. It was a Wildcat Sterling 32RL and what I got was a POLECAT. That piece of junk should have never left the factory. The dealer kept it more than me

Old 08-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #20

Roger54 thanks for you informative reply. I took the tv off the wall again and found that none of the HDMI outputs are labeled as ARC compatible. Your information really helped.

Tags
jensen