Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #1

New CC can't get tv sound to play thru Jensen jwm9a

We have a new CC 38el and with Samsung tv. We can't get the sound from the tv to play through the Jensen jwm9a. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #2

We have jwm6a, not 9a, but if similar you need to keep pressing Mode Display button until you get HDMI ARC.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #3

Thanks for your help. I checked and still no sound from TV. I'm starting to think maybe they didn't wire from tv. I'll ask when I take RV back in for fine tuning in October.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #4

You would have to have an output from your TV to the receiver to play sound. The receiver is probably setup from the factory to only play sound when using the DVD player.
ralderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #5

Press mode until you get HDMI Arc...then press ENTER. Give it a few seconds and make sure the sound level is up.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #6

Try tracing the the audio input to the Jensen back to the TV. I found that the audio cable was hooked to the wrong jack on my TV.

Okie
08 F450
USMC Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #7

U definitely have too push enter after every mode change or it will go back to last setting. As JohnF said, HDMI arc on display then push enter.
cody1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:36 PM   #8

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have tried the HDMI aux and enter several times. I am begining to think the tv is not connected to the Jensen. I have had the tv off the wall once for a different reason and wish I had looked then. I don't look forward to taking it down again. Thanks again to everyone for the replies.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #9

My Creek I had for over a year and I couldn't get the Jensen tv to play through the speakers, then I had a place that installs sound equipment install my Trav'ler on my Creek and he had the tv playing through the speakers, I had tried for over a year and he had everything working in just a few minutes. I'm going to buy a sound bar from them and let them install it. I plan to get rid of everything Jensen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
wls

where is this mode button? thanks
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
My Creek I had for over a year and I couldn't get the Jensen tv to play through the speakers, then I had a place that installs sound equipment install my Trav'ler on my Creek and he had the tv playing through the speakers, I had tried for over a year and he had everything working in just a few minutes. I'm going to buy a sound bar from them and let them install it. I plan to get rid of everything Jensen.

If the sound technician got the system working in a few minutes it was not the fault of the system, was it? Why blame Jensen for your inability to work your system when it was obviously not at fault?

I just installed a Jensen JWM6A and cold not be happier. It will play the TV, Satellite, DVD, Sirius radio and its own built in AM/FM radio, all through the surround Sound speakers factory installed in our Sterling 32RL.

Why not check the back of the TV and see where the out put wires are connect. It may not be an HDMI cable at all, it may be a red and a white wire connected with an RCA plugs. If that is the case selecting HDMI Arc will not play your TV through the stereo and its associated speakers.

Look in the owners manual for the stereo supplied with your camper to see what setting you should have the stereo set depending on what connection method was used.

Good Luck
Old 08-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #12

Smile New CC can't get tv sound to play thru Jensen jwm9a...

Hi Brady,

Our new 2017 Forester GTS 2801QS was delivered in July. Although I didn't notice it during the dealer's walk-through, I realized after we got home that the sound from the television would not work through the Jensen audio system. A day or so later I noticed that the HDMI cable from the Jensen audio system was hooked to the HDMI 2 input on the television. Some research showed that I needed to hook that HDMI cable to HDMI 1 input. Only HDMI 1 input on my television uses the ARC technology. After I switched the two HDMI cables on the television the sound worked fine. These devices use this HDMI "ARC" technology. That stands for Audio Return Channel. This technology allows the devices to communicate audio, and some control signals, both directions on the same HDMI cable. I had initially thought that being there wasn't any left/right audio cable connections out of the television to feed the Jensen audio (surround sound) system, that I wouldn't get sound to the Jensen audio system from the television. As long as your television is HDMI ARC compatible you should be able to use that HDMI port and get sound out of the Jensen audio system for the DVD player and from the television itself. If for some reason the television isn't ARC compatible, you could try using a small Bluetooth audio device to send audio wirelessly from the audio left/right output of the television to the Bluetooth input of the Jensen audio system. These small Bluetooth devices come in versions that run on internal batteries and recharge through a USB port.

I hope this helps you with your issue.
Roger54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #13

My original TV did play through the speakers. When I replaced the TV with a Samsung, the Samsung didn't have an audio out, so, no sound through the speakers.
robertew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:35 AM   #14

I sure would like to sell someone a 48 inch Jensen tv, I plan to install a 49 inch LG.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If the sound technician got the system working in a few minutes it was not the fault of the system, was it? Why blame Jensen for your inability to work your system when it was obviously not at fault?

I just installed a Jensen JWM6A and cold not be happier. It will play the TV, Satellite, DVD, Sirius radio and its own built in AM/FM radio, all through the surround Sound speakers factory installed in our Sterling 32RL.

Why not check the back of the TV and see where the out put wires are connect. It may not be an HDMI cable at all, it may be a red and a white wire connected with an RCA plugs. If that is the case selecting HDMI Arc will not play your TV through the stereo and its associated speakers.

Look in the owners manual for the stereo supplied with your camper to see what setting you should have the stereo set depending on what connection method was used.

Good Luck

I guess I'm just plan dumb, I don't like Jensen. On another note, how do you like your Wildcat Sterling 32RL? I ordered one, prettiest camper I have ever owned. But mine was unfortunately a polecat. What did you get on yours?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #16

Quote:
I guess I'm just plan dumb, I don't like Jensen. On another note, how do you like your Wildcat Sterling 32RL? I ordered one, prettiest camper I have ever owned. But mine was unfortunately a polecat. What did you get on yours?

Play nice.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
Play nice.

Who you talking too

Old 08-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Who you talking too

You with your pole cat comment.

In storing doubt in someone mind
Old 08-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #19

I had friends that I knew that had Wildcat fifth wheels and from there great reviews I ordered one from the factory. It was a Wildcat Sterling 32RL and what I got was a POLECAT. That piece of junk should have never left the factory. The dealer kept it more than me

Old 08-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #20

Roger54 thanks for you informative reply. I took the tv off the wall again and found that none of the HDMI outputs are labeled as ARC compatible. Your information really helped.

Tags
jensen