Old 02-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #1

New Cedar Creek 32RL

I picked up the 32RL this past Wednesday. We stayed in camper for two days, things worked pretty good. We had to have some help setting up the Direct tv. We have 3 days planned for Ft Fisher this weekend, it's close to Carolina Beach NC. I got the Goodyear G614 LT235/85R16, that was a plus. I got the Level-up, 18cf frig with ice maker, a Dish receiver which I can't use, I have direct, camper pulls good. Me and DW is happy and the plan is to start going places on April the 4 2016 or before. I am retired now and if something should happen to DW job then I plan to be in the truck ready to go when she gets home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #2

Your plans sound great. Enjoy retirement!

cck camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new unit and your retirement.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #4

Hey Spock,
You may wish to look at DISH PAY AS YOU GO. Have HD in both LR and BR and use a Winegard fully automatic sat finder. It seeks both arcs. You have tv, including locals in 15 minutes. Thinking about another northern US trip, east to California in Spring. We stay as long as we like in any locale. Life is good!
Just say'n! Take a look.
We have a new Silverback RL, 36 ft, and LOVE THIS SET UP ( for us).
Get a TIre Pressure Monitoring System as soon as possible. Most popular brands are good.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #5

My TIRE MINDER is a TM-66. Factory support is GREAT. Never any issue, but one morning I needed some direction and could not find my manual. In 10 minutes all done and rolling. It was a system set I was in the wrong mode, my bad. Comes with 3 yr battery replacement. If you go on to U Tube you can get a feel via video how easy they work.
Nice to get your air pressure read at 6:30am without crawling around! Mine works on rubber stems or metal without tire rebalance.
Others testify to their preference. I am simply offering info and do not endorse or sell products.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

I have a Tailgater and it worked great but now I have Direct tv at home and I just can't afford both. I have a TPMS system, TST is what I use, I looked at Tire Minder but I liked TST better. I have had it for about a year, works great. I tell everyone if you pull a trailer you should have TPMS. I have a backup camera on this camper and it works

Old 02-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #7

Camera

Post your camera info. Looking. So many FR folks have had mixed experiences.
Tnx
Old 02-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #8

I run with my headlights on all the time, I make sure my lights are on and the camera seems to work that way. I want my camper to be seen, I have been known to make dumb mistakes while driving down the highway so if trailer lights are on I can be seen a little farther down the road. The good Lord looks out for babies and fools, that way I help him out some with all the lights on

Old 02-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I have a Tailgater and it worked great but now I have Direct tv at home and I just can't afford both. I have a TPMS system, TST is what I use, I looked at Tire Minder but I liked TST better. I have had it for about a year, works great. I tell everyone if you pull a trailer you should have TPMS. I have a backup camera on this camper and it works

Spock123, PM me if you interested in selling the other receiver. I have a tailgater as well, and looking to purchase another receiver. I'm going to split the signal in my basement and run a signal to the bedroom.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #10

Give me a few days just to make sure Dish does not come looking for this receiver but yes I hope someone buys it

Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Give me a few days just to make sure Dish does not come looking for this receiver but yes I hope someone buys it

Roger. Let me know. When you bought your Dish Tailgater did you get a receiver then too? If so, I'd be interested in both. That way, I don't have to keep taking the one out of the house.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Roger. Let me know. When you bought your Dish Tailgater did you get a receiver then too? If so, I'd be interested in both. That way, I don't have to keep taking the one out of the house.

No I ordered another receiver from Dish and kept that one in the camper all the time. I think it cost five bucks more each month. If I brought the receiver on my own I would still have to pay Dish for them to hook it up so I could watch tv on it

Tags
cedar creek