Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Congrats on your new CC. This is our 3rd weekend in our new 36CKTS. We spent about 6 hours going our PDI. We had a list of only 4 items that needed fixed. They took care of everything and we've had no issues and love our CC. We printed out a PDI list from the form and made our own notes from there. We check every door window and operated every system. Walked the roof for inspection....crawled under for inspection and also see where the drains are.
Are issues you should double check.
1: check for warped cabinet doors and solid surface counter tops. Ours was warped and had to be replaced.
2: double check the living room tv lifting system. Make sure it goes up and down without loud noises. Our sounded bad while lowering. ..they replaced the complete lifting fine now.
3 check all day/night shades for correct operation. A few of ours needed adjusting.
4: we think the awning does not lay flat and as smooth as it should when fully extended. Open and close the awning. ..make sure u like it.

Hope this helps...

2013 36 CKTS
2014 Ford F350 CC/DRW/PSD/Lariat/
Factory Installed Reese Custom 25K/
ReTrax Pro Cover
BoatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Ya know, I thought we had a rather unique trailer, in the 36 CKTS, what I didn't know however, was that that we were all becoming part of the parade from Topeka. We really love our Creek, and have the darnedest time figgerin out where we want to go next. One thing is assured though, we won't have to travel alone or very far that we don't run across fellow owners of one of the finest Creeks out there.

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #13
Hi All Just ordered are new c c 38FL .can't wait for it to come does everyone like there c c units?
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
We have a CC38FL and love it ... have had a few minor issues here and there but only one major issue...

We found out this weekend that they plumbed the shower and kitchen sink into one tank and the bathroom vanity into it's own tank. When not having full hookups, and having some adult children with us, this could present a problem in the future and we will be having some discussions with CC to determine if there is a viable fix or not.

We have hauled it over ~1200 miles now and even in some not so nice weather still had a great time "roughing it" .
Walter & Donna
2011 CC LB RAM 3500 CTD 6.7L DRW
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL
2014 Days Camping: 35

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #15
Cable connection

Picked up our 36CKTS on 5/29. First trip to Cape Cod. Few minor issues. One thing did drive me nuts. At the end of the day, turned on the TV to catch some news. Hit the auto program and found no channels. Checked everything, no luck. After confirming the cable worked, I tried the satellite connections and to my surprise, the channels showed up. The cables in the docking station were miss labeled.

Only other issue was the trailer hitch is weak. We installed a 2 inch bike rack with a 1 1/4 inch adapter. We attached 2 fairly light bikes and drove away. We hit a few good construction bumps. At our first stop we checked things. The rear bike had bounced so far that a wheel had struck the ground and destroyed it. The tube that holds the receiver has to much flex.

Other than that, we love it...
Loringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Loringj View Post
After confirming the cable worked, I tried the satellite connections and to my surprise, the channels showed up. The cables in the docking station were miss labeled.
Wow, that gives me an idea! We just returned from a month-long trip across the SE US in our new 34 RLSA. We could not get the cable to work. I thought we tried everything. But one thing we didn't try was to hook the coax to the satellite connection in the docking post. Gotta give that a go to see if our connections were mislabled as well.

Thanks for turning on the light!
Skip & Susan Orrell
Hurst, Texas
2013 34 RLSA w/ most of the options
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
My sound bar wasn't plumbed to the tv correctly. Wouldn't want to cast any asperations? but, CC's are built by the Amish.
MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
our satellite had to be hooked up to the bedroom out side for the satellite to work in side. The tech checked the color of the cables, out side and in side, dish works great now.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
Former Full Timer
I have one of the last 2" receivers. It does not flex. I put a 45lb recumbent and a 27lb Trek on my Hollywood rack which I welded shims on to prevent bounce and use anti rattle locking pin as well. They changed to 1.5" to deter folks from trying to tow the boat, bike, dune buggy and Grandma's house. Mikey posted some sage advice for new Creekers... Pass on the factory hitch and have a sturdy one installed by your local tow hitch shop.

The Amish culture is high in ethos and low on electrical gadgets. They believe that electronic stuff weakens the Family. So one might be remiss to expect folks of that persuasion to have a high level of experience or knowledge of wiring and technology. Hmmmmm, that explains the sawdust/wood shaving too. No vacuum cleaners...

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote