Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1

Thumbs up New FROG-CedarCreek 36CKTS

We had a 28.5 Cougar fifth wheel and really enjoyed it. But....we now have our 2nd RV, a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS. Since we decided we liked traveling in our own home, we just traded up, with a lot more room. Less stress of where to put your head down at night, what to pack or not....heehee...just find a spot large enough to park.

During our road trips in the past 2 years, I think we must have stopped at every RV dealer around. We saw a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS in GA that we liked better than other Rv's we've looked at, but was way out of our price range. Needless to say the internet can be very informative as I got on line and found a place called RV Nation in Hamilton OH and we think we really got a great deal from them. Saved BIG BUCKS! after talking with Ray Crain on our 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 38'. A big shout out to Ray Crain, Brian & Dave at RV Nation for their great help and expertise. It was a nice trip back from Ohio to TN. Then the snow hit the next day--WHEW! Thanks for all the help, especially the time and patience in showing us everything about our new RV, can't wait to make a first trip in it.
r-s-ridinginstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forums and the family of Creekers. Congrats on your new fifth wheel, Cedar Creeks are beautiful units. There are a lot people that visit these forums and they have a wealth of RV knowledge. If you have questions be sure to ask.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #4

Congrats on your new RV. We bought a 2013 36CKTS in September at the Hershey PA RV Show. We have taken it down to Disney World from Maryland for a week, and really enjoyed the RV.
MDCRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Thumbs up New Creek - Congrats

Congratulations on your new Creek & welcome to the group. There are a number of Cedar Creek forums available & each has their strong & weak points. Each offers solutions and ideas that should enhance your Creekin experiences.

We took delivery of our '13 36CKTS early last May & have really enjoyed the new features offered by the Creek. We enjoy it so much that after 12,000 miles & 12 weeks camping, we can hardly wait to have open road in front of us & happy memories in the rear view.

Enjoy your Creek and remember, don't fret the little problems, ask for help from your Creekin family on the forms. We were all in your place sometime in our past too!

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

Congrats on the rig and welcome to the club and welcome to owning a Creek!
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

welcome to the forum !

congrats on the new unit !

since your a new frog member are you going to the august GOSHEN 4th- 10th rally ?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-in-31921.html
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #8

Welcome and congrats! I've had my 36 CKTS for 13 months now and love it!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #9

Our next camper

We too have been shopping, wound up falling in love with the Cedar Creek, 36CKTS as well. When our home sells, we're sending the build sheet in! What do you tow it with? Congratulations! I'm sooo jealous!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
... the Cedar Creek, 36CKTS ... What do you tow it with?
Experience speaking... a 3/4 ton diesel will pull it but not without mods and you will be at or near max GVWR and GAWR and Max Tire Weight Rating most cases.
You will also be very susceptible to crosswinds and passing over the roaders.

So, I recommend a 1 Ton Dually Diesel.
Brand is just a personal preference.
I tow with the F350 Super cab 6.7 factory 5th wheel.
It is rear wheel drive only and made to tow
a fifth wheel or goose neck trailer on the highway. 12 MPG avg full timer loaded.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Experience speaking... a 3/4 ton diesel will pull it but not without mods and you will be at or near max GVWR and GAWR and Max Tire Weight Rating most cases.
You will also be very susceptible to crosswinds and passing over the roaders.

So, I recommend a 1 Ton Dually Diesel.
Brand is just a personal preference.
I tow with the F350 Super cab 6.7 factory 5th wheel.
It is rear wheel drive only and made to tow
a fifth wheel or goose neck trailer on the highway. 12 MPG avg full timer loaded.
X2

A one ton with the training wheels! Brand doesn't matter, but if you ask me...Ford F-350 dually is the way to go!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #12

Shopping around

DW is in charge of where we purchase our next rig, since she is the comptroller of our little family's finances. WE decided upon the rig however. After some conversation with RV Nation, getting prices, apparently we're headed north when the time comes.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-s-ridinginstyle View Post
We had a 28.5 Cougar fifth wheel and really enjoyed it. But....we now have our 2nd RV, a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS. Since we decided we liked traveling in our own home, we just traded up, with a lot more room. Less stress of where to put your head down at night, what to pack or not....heehee...just find a spot large enough to park.

During our road trips in the past 2 years, I think we must have stopped at every RV dealer around. We saw a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS in GA that we liked better than other Rv's we've looked at, but was way out of our price range. Needless to say the internet can be very informative as I got on line and found a place called RV Nation in Hamilton OH and we think we really got a great deal from them. Saved BIG BUCKS! after talking with Ray Crain on our 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 38'. A big shout out to Ray Crain, Brian & Dave at RV Nation for their great help and expertise. It was a nice trip back from Ohio to TN. Then the snow hit the next day--WHEW! Thanks for all the help, especially the time and patience in showing us everything about our new RV, can't wait to make a first trip in it.
Congrats on your new Creek, your choice couldn't get any better, but heck I have one already. We are loving ours, which we bought through Stolfus RV in Adamstown PA. We camped 105 days last year & pulled her almost 12,000 miles. This year we hope to camp 135+ days. We already have about 8600 miles planned. Enjoy your Creek, hope to run across your trail in the near future.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
...We camped 105 days last year & pulled her almost 12,000 miles. This year we hope to camp 135+ days. We already have about 8600 miles planned...
Well Mikey you sure have topped me with the miles. We only did 6400 last year. However you can't beat days camped in the last year as we did ALL of em... LOL.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #15

Congrats on the new CC. We are scheduled to take delivery of our 2013 36 ckts this weekend. We are new to 5ers so we are making a list of things we need to get. Going today to look at TV, yes, 1 ton, DW, diesel. Not sure of model yet, own a 2007 Chevy 1/2 ton truck now but will look a the ford also. The new 2014 will be out soon. May wait to see them. Good luck with yours.
BoatDude is offline   Reply With Quote