Old 08-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
New Purchase Dealer Question

Hello Folks,
First post on this forum, hope not my last. We have been following this forum for a while and it seems like a knowledgeable and friendly place. We are members of a different forum as we presently have a SOB fifth wheel which is about 40 plus ft long and does not have a bathroom to our liking.
We have pretty much settled on the 34rlsa Cedar Creek after much research. We have had many RVs and are trying to down size a bit. We had a 42ft DP before the present Fiver so I guess we are slowly going down in size. The Cedar Creek will be about 5ft shorter an weigh about 2000 lbs less. This brings me to the question about the Dealer Iam currently dealing with. They are National RV in MI. near the Detroit area. We are working with a young lady by the name of Gabrielle who seems to be very competent and polite. Everything seems to be going as expected as we are just waiting on numbers for new coach and trade but if anyone has an opinion on this Dealership or any other Cedar Creek Dealer we might use if these numbers don't work out we would appreciate your input. Thank you for your time.......

rvgwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Ham Radio since 1970
We got our Creek from International RV Wholesalers in Elkhart, IN. We have been very happy with them, both during and after the sale. Might be a bit a hike from the Detroit area, but might be worth it if you can't makea deal with National.

Mike & Nena Strong
2013 Cedar Creek 36RE
2012 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 3500HD Diesel 4WD
Nights camped '13: 56 '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149

N9ID is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Thanks for the info Mike. We are actually in South Texas so distance isn't a big factor for us. We do most of our own repairs so the selling dealer being close is not as important as price is to us. We also like to travel in that part of the country so we try to incorporate a nice trip in with our purchase. We bought our last two RVs long distance over the INTERNET also and didn't have a problem. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself.) Thanks again and will keep them in mind......
rvgwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Tom Johnson in Marion NC is the place I got my Cedar Creek and they sell a lot of campers and at a good price. Look on the web,it's a good place to buy campers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Check Fun Town in Cleburne Tx since you are in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Bob and Dianne Sjulestad
2014 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW 4x4 D/A
2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Emmy, Madison and flower our 4 legged kids
maddogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
We purchased our 34RLSA from Dennis at Fun-N-Sun RV in a Ludington MI. They have a build your own option on their website and then give you a quote from your build request. They gave me the lowest upfront cost, which was also lower than all the others 2nd and 3rd prices. No one else came close. We drove from Oregon to pick it up and still saved thousands from what the local dealer lowest price was. Great service before, during the sales/order process and also fixing some minor issues during the PDI. I highly recommend them and any future purchases we do will be from them.
Steve and Paula
Tiki (Our Papillon Kid) RIP Chance
2015 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW, 6.7L, 4x4,
Hensley TS3, 20k hitch
2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA-7, fully loaded
Nights camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-97
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
I am from Ft Worth TX and bought from Couch's RV Nation in Hamilton, OH. Did it all online. The first price they gave me was the lowest of any others and never changed. They ordered it exactly as I wanted. Almost 5k less than that bunch in Cleburne, TX. Would buy from them again without hesitation.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #8
Wayne & Kim
I went with LazyDays in Tampa, FL; they have a location in AZ also. I was pleased with price and service during and after the sale, as well as a fair value on my trade-in.

Since distance and repair service after the sale are less important to you, I too would strongly suggest trying Jeff Couch's RV Nation. They are pretty much wholesalers so the savings can be huge. I was not in position to drive that far away or else I might have gone that route.

Below is a link directly to one of the 34RLSA units they have; feel free to browse rest of site while there (and no I don't work for them! Just being helpful!)

I wish you luck with your search. You will love the Cedar Creek!

Wayne and Kim

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2011 Ford F250 King Ranch 4x2 Diesel, added springs
Nights camped: 2014 - 32; 2013 - 23
Wayne & Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
I did purchase from Couch's RV in Hamilton, Ohio. Just as other have said you can save a large amount of money if you don't mind the travel. I purchased a Cedar Creek 36ckts with full body paint this year and easily saved over $25,000 compared to my local dealer. They do a large volume of business, they will do all they can to see that you get what you want but they will not pressure you or wine & dine you to get your business. They have a build & price feature on their web site. If you need more than what you see you can always call and they will help. I researched for over 6 months and looked at every dealer out there....hands down they will beat anyone's price. Hope this helps.

2010 Ford F250
2014 Cedar Creek 36ckts
hobohaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
Thumbs up

LakeSide RV in Anderson, SC. Good people and great pricing!

2012 Cedar Creek 36B4
2007 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab 6.0 Studded w/EGR Delete
Loving Life
textman is offline   Reply With Quote