Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #41

I built one with that concept in 1975.It was pretty state of the art at the time.6v-53 detroit and full air ride suspension.Full, heated basement too. used it to pull a six place sled trailer all over the UP. Fully useable in winter. We put almost 200k on it before retiring it to a spot alongside my shop.Yes it also had a front drive axle and 10k Ramsey winch. That thing would and did pull a trailer anywhere I ask it to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1967.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	75127   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1968.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	75128  
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #42

Can't agree more!
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 AM   #43
joeygman

Our 2014 Cedar Creek 34' has been at the dealers more than we have camped in it .Got back from Florida and it is there now again (for 1month now) for the fireplace that almost caught fire in our yard at home .The fireplace company wanted the dealer to put the fireplace back in and not replace it with any new parts now that they have it out and working on the bench . The fan motor did not come on when I used the remote and it is so quite I turned it on and walked away , only to have my 3yr old grandson ask why the livingroom was so smokey . Wish I had the number to a factory rep that can explain why so many repairs are needed on this unit . Never had that with my 2010 Blue Ridge.
joeygman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #44
DDC

Probably wondering if you would have been better off letting it burn.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #45

MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
*Exactly* Donald! The best rule of thumb I have been told is find out with the MSRP of the RV is and then deduct 35% from that - that should be your negotiating price. If you have a couple of dealers that you can access, don't be afraid to get them in a bidding war for your business
I visited a very large RV dealer. They gave me an MSRP breakdown sheet. It was printed on plain paper and not formatted like you'd expect. I went over it next to Cedar Creeks list of what was included in the option packages. The dealer was double counting items in the option packages and listing them again as as 'add on'. This helped inflate the MSRP by $6,000, I assume so they could 'negotiate' better. Frankly, I consider this lying and didn't go back. If they lie before you even ask a question then consider what they will do down the road. They also tout their service but then I read feedback on this forum on someone whose trailer had been there for months waiting for warranty work. I didn't buy from them.
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality