Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
I was at my dealer yesterday and inquired about the opener. Seems all the Surveyors, Sierras and a few others had the opener, but not the Cedar Creek. Not sure how one could remove the knob/puck and put on a larger slide section as the CC has. Most of the new CC's have a concave/convex slider and they won't work. If I could find that, get my switch on the entry door to make the interior light above door come on aand maybe one or 2 other minor add-ons, I would be a happy camper. My keyless RVlock works great. Steve
There are two screws on each side of the screen door that retain the cross bar that the plastic slides in on the bottom and the lower screen on the top.

Carefully remove the screws and slowly raise the bar enough to clear the plastic slide (no farther or you will have to fix the screen too!).

Cut the top off the replacement so it is the same size as the OEM part (about 1 1/2 inches) using a plastic cutter and a straight edge.

Put the new part in and lower the bar back in place; replace the screws.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

You can make one with a pc of brazing rod. Drill a small hole in the movable panel at the top where it bulges in and directly over the handle, take the brazing rod and stick it thru the hole and down to the outside handle on the screen. Drill a small hole in the handle and bend the rod to go thru the hole and then bend it down so it will stay in the handle. Next, pull the slide portion open with the rod still in it and bend a curve down in the rod. Cut and round the end of the rod and you now have an inside screen door latch. Just push down on the rod and the screen unlatches without opening the slide.

Did it on our 831RLSS and it worked great. Didn't take pictures or I would post them.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
There are two screws on each side of the screen door that retain the cross bar that the plastic slides in on the bottom and the lower screen on the top.

Carefully remove the screws and slowly raise the bar enough to clear the plastic slide (no farther or you will have to fix the screen too!).

Cut the top off the replacement so it is the same size as the OEM part (about 1 1/2 inches) using a plastic cutter and a straight edge.

Put the new part in and lower the bar back in place; replace the screws.
Sorry Herk. I musta missed something. The slide that LCI is making with the screen door opener attached is too small for my CC. I think mine is like 12x12 and the only one they are making is smaller--not sure of the measurements. Might just invest the $15 and see if I can dissect it and re-attach it to my larger slide. seems like it is either glued to or hot glued to the slider.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Sorry Herk. I musta missed something. The slide that LCI is making with the screen door opener attached is too small for my CC. I think mine is like 12x12 and the only one they are making is smaller--not sure of the measurements. Might just invest the $15 and see if I can dissect it and re-attach it to my larger slide. seems like it is either glued to or hot glued to the slider.
I must have missed that.
12 inches tall is "too tall" for this mod.
I had to cut mine down.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote