Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #1

New Serta Hanford Mattress

Anyone have the new Serta Hanford Mattress? I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere...

Update - it is being manufactured BY Forest River on behalf of Serta. Which is why there is no info online. Who's got one?? Anyone?
dalspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #2

I just figure that Serta dumped the Trump brand and slapped a different brand on it. You can buy these brands to slap on if you are a manufacturer. What they make doesn't matter, they are just buying a label that people fall for. A bit like Washington actually.
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #3

Probably correct. BUT, we have owned 4 rv mattresses and the Serta "Trump" works GREAT for us. Our home pillow top cost was $3000 and NO REGRETS.....

Find the mattress and try a demo. Like it; buy it.

Rest is too important to miss! 😁
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #4

We have a Trump King and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:43 PM   #5

Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalspot View Post
Anyone have the new Serta Hanford Mattress? I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere...

Update - it is being manufactured BY Forest River on behalf of Serta. Which is why there is no info online. Who's got one?? Anyone?
Don't believe FR would be in mattress production business. Serta would be the producer for FR. Could be wrong but not likely 😄
Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalspot View Post

I got one ordered. I figure I will need my topper anyway.

born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 PM   #7

We have a Trump iSeries King and love the mattress. Very comfortable.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
jkoenig24

My 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB came with a Serta mattress. Worst piece of crap imaginable. NEVER had a good night's sleep on it. I was amazed it had the name "Serta" on it. After the FROG Rally last year, I replaced it with an Indiana Bedding foam mattress. The Serta OEM mattress was touted as a "King" mattress. Its' actual dimensions were 73" wide by 76" long. Too wide to use standard queen sheets but standard king sheets were a VERY sloppy fit. The Indiana Bedding mattress I bought is 60" wide (TRUE queen width) by 76" long (the limit with the bedroom slide closed). Standard queen bed linens have only 4" of extra material at the foot. MUCH better fit than the OEM bastard king mattress. My new mattress is even more comfortable than my home mattress!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #9
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Having been the National Vice President of Sales for Serta at one time, maybe I can shed some light on the subject.
A standard king in all but Ca. Is 76x80 ". However when dealing w a unique market like RV's where they cookie cut the same product in large quantities, they will reconfigure the size for the market.
As to the spec they will down spec for a large quantity seller. Serta makes a great series of retail mattress but a Forest River is buying the name and specifying the cost so quality will suffer. And it does cuz my Rockwood queen mattress is pretty bad.
But...don't blame Serta.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #10

I have Serta Trump and it sleeps really good, it sleeps better than my mattress does at home and I paid $2,000 bucks for the one in my house. The mattress at home sleeps great but the Trump sleeps better

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #11

Trump

[QUOTE=spock123;1308845]I have Serta Trump and it sleeps really good, it sleeps better than my mattress does at home and I paid $2,000 bucks for the one in my house. The mattress at home sleeps great but the Trump sleeps better

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums[/QUOTE

My Trump seemed a little lumpy, so I cut it open and found $1,000,000 in $20's..... Go ahead and vote for Hillary....I ] TRUMP.

Tags
ford