Old 05-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #11

Just picked up our 33IK yesterday, really like the handle you added on the door, going to have to do that.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #12

Congrats on your new unit, our 33IK is due in the next week or so. We did a factory upgrade and had a heat pump unit installed instead of just an AC in the main living room. Heard good things about them for those tepid nights not below 40 to 45 degrees. Guess time will tell it it will pay off.

Again Congrats hope to see you in August

Old 05-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #13

Where did you buy the handle for the door?

If anyone wants to add stair handles but isn't handy to made them you can get teak handles from Defender.com for less than $25
Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #14

Ted ... link me up to the post as it wasn't me. I definitely left a 2016 33IK sitting on the dealers lot ... build quality was P.I.T.I.F.U.L. Scratches over a good portion of the rear exterior ... cabinetry really jacked up ... decals with chunck out of it ... dirt under more decals ... large puffy spot on island sink paneling ... glue blobs on all 3 slide roofs (look like they laid a glue brush down every so often) ... on and on. I just get PO'd posting about it.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentf View Post
Where did you buy the handle for the door?
I got the door handles From Camping World,
Screen Door Cross Bar - Black Handle - Camco 42183 - Screen Doors - Camping World they have them right now for $10.27
I had to make a small extinction on each side to go under the door frame so the screen door could close. I used some 1/8" aluminum that I had and self tapping screws to screw the handle to the screen door. If you look close at the photo you can see the small plates I made on each side and put three screws in the door.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #16

dieselguy:
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Silverback 33IK. My 2015 33IK had zero problems when I took delivery from the dealer. But don't ask what happen when I got the unit home.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:08 AM   #17
Jeffco, MO

Misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Ted ... link me up to the post as it wasn't me. I definitely left a 2016 33IK sitting on the dealers lot ... build quality was P.I.T.I.F.U.L. Scratches over a good portion of the rear exterior ... cabinetry really jacked up ... decals with chunck out of it ... dirt under more decals ... large puffy spot on island sink paneling ... glue blobs on all 3 slide roofs (look like they laid a glue brush down every so often) ... on and on. I just get PO'd posting about it.
When I looked at other post by you concerning quality, I noticed the posting on 'Yikes... Dealer dropped my 5ver off the truck.' You just made a comment about someone else's problem. Sorry for the my misunderstanding on my part.

Also sorry to hear of your problems on your 33IK. If you would go to the Rally in Goshen I am sure you will get everything fixed. You can also talk to factory reps and visit the factory to provide the Cedar Creek factory with you feedback. I am also surprised that the dealer even presented you with the 33IK. If a dealer receives a unit with all those discrepancies they should fix them before showing the unit and if too bad the dealer should refuse the unit and deal with Cedar Creek on proper compensation for your delay receiving an acceptable unit.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #18

X2 on dealer responsibility. His reputation is the one hurt by poor quality. Dealers need to reject units they cannot properly prep rather than hope for the best at delivery to a retail buyer.
If I invested my life savings into a dealership, I would be mad as hell if a factory sent me a garbage unit. Who cares WHY?!! No one.
Car dealers reject units all the time. They go to auction by the mfgr and resold at a significant reduction and re sold as a used car.
You should not receive junk when you pay for mid to upper grade quality.
It ruined Harley Davidson for the years Brunswick bought and owned the company. Only by God's grace, Willie G. Davidson, bought it back and saved it from the scrap pile!!
Moral of the story: buyers want more than a name!! These hobbies are expensive!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #19

We got our 33IK back in Jan. the only issue we saw when we were buying it before they did the prep and our PDI was that it seemed that the fridge door came open while being shipped to the dealer. and there was some scuffing on that. the dealer had that taken care of when we came back to pick it up and do the PDI. as for mods bout the only i have done is added a bottle opener between the oven and the fridge so i can open my beer easier when i get it out of the fridge