Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #1
Jeffco, MO

New Silverback 33IK

Received our new Silverback yesterday from South McDowell, Jackson, MO. Great PDI and no discrepancies. Excellent quality out of the factory and the dealer check out. Needless to say, very happy. Thought I'd give a shout out for excellent quality considering the various problems listed on the forum. Looking forward to our first trip this year to Florida. Will also plan to meet other Creekers at Goshen Rally in August. Creeks and FROG go together.

Interested in any mods others have made, especially to the new 33IK. We call our mods personalizeations.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:22 AM   #2

Congrats on the new Silverback. We are heading into our 4th season with our Silverback and all issues have been minor.

Last year our ceiling fan had become a one speed fan instead of the three speed it used to be. At the 2014 Goshen rally the techs put a new one in our rig.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Congrats on the new Silverback. We are heading into our 4th season with our Silverback and all issues have been minor.

Last year our ceiling fan had become a one speed fan instead of the three speed it used to be. At the 2014 Goshen rally the techs put a new one in our rig.
A little off topic but just curious we have never been to the Goshen rally. What actually goes on there. You stated you got your ceiling fan fix did they do that for free or discounted? What else are the benefits of attending.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #4

All work done at the rally was free of any charges. FREE!! A lot goes on at the rally, seminars covering just about any topic related to RVing…FREE! You have the opportunity to take a factory tour and Forest River provides the transportation to and from. FREE!! We did the Cedar Creek factory tour last year and were really impressed with all the folks that work there. A couple of nights after dinner there was entertainment in the form of a comedian and one night there was a band.

Forest River brings in quite a few rigs to the fairgrounds and sets up an RV display and with factory reps available for questions. The factory reps are knowledgeable folks and can answer any questions you have about the brand they represent without feeding you a bunch of BS.

FROG also offers various optional tours (small cost) that are excellent. We will be doing the Brown Bag Amish tour/wedding feast this year and the factory tour once again. We did this last year and I lost the memory card from my camera with all the photos I took on these two tours.

The best benefit of the Goshen rally is meeting other FROGs and making new friendships that continue beyond the rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

Here are a couple of modifications... mean personalization's I made to my 2015 33IK.
The alarm clock is in the bedroom.
Don't ask why there are two hand rails. ( One is for little people )
I am also adding LED lights to the patio cover but don't have them up yet.
I put a towel hanger no the side of the cabinet above the toilet, so I can open the right side of the shower door and reach it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0264.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	77778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	77779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	77780  
Gene85222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Jeffco, MO

DW said she would really like a stair rail. Question; Where did you get the rails and how did you attached them to the wall? Did you use a stud finder to know where to attach?

Also do like the extra rail on the door.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #7

My DW has bad knees and was having a hard time getting up the three steps into the bed room so I made the hand rails. And used a stud finder to find the aluminum studs and put screws in the wall. It was not all that hard.
The handle on the outside screen worked out real nice it gives something to hold onto to close the door. Otherwise there isn't much to get a grip on.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
All work done at the rally was free of any charges. FREE!! A lot goes on at the rally, seminars covering just about any topic related to RVing…FREE! You have the opportunity to take a factory tour and Forest River provides the transportation to and from. FREE!! We did the Cedar Creek factory tour last year and were really impressed with all the folks that work there. A couple of nights after dinner there was entertainment in the form of a comedian and one night there was a band.

Forest River brings in quite a few rigs to the fairgrounds and sets up an RV display and with factory reps available for questions. The factory reps are knowledgeable folks and can answer any questions you have about the brand they represent without feeding you a bunch of BS.

FROG also offers various optional tours (small cost) that are excellent. We will be doing the Brown Bag Amish tour/wedding feast this year and the factory tour once again. We did this last year and I lost the memory card from my camera with all the photos I took on these two tours.

The best benefit of the Goshen rally is meeting other FROGs and making new friendships that continue beyond the rally.
Seems like I should start planning to make that trip... Thanks
Old 05-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #9

I only wished our 33IK was as you describe yours ... ours had so many build quality issues we towed our SOB back home and left the 33IK sitting on the lot ... another one on order.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #10
Jeffco, MO

[QUOTE}I only wished our 33IK was as you describe yours ... ours had so many build quality issues we towed our SOB back home and left the 33IK sitting on the lot ... another one on order.][/QUOTE]

I am a little confused. Yesterday you stated on another post that you ordered a Wildcat. We are addressing a Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
Old 05-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #11

Just picked up our 33IK yesterday, really like the handle you added on the door, going to have to do that.
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #12

Congrats on your new unit, our 33IK is due in the next week or so. We did a factory upgrade and had a heat pump unit installed instead of just an AC in the main living room. Heard good things about them for those tepid nights not below 40 to 45 degrees. Guess time will tell it it will pay off.

Again Congrats hope to see you in August
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #13

Where did you buy the handle for the door?

If anyone wants to add stair handles but isn't handy to made them you can get teak handles from Defender.com for less than $25
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #14

Ted ... link me up to the post as it wasn't me. I definitely left a 2016 33IK sitting on the dealers lot ... build quality was P.I.T.I.F.U.L. Scratches over a good portion of the rear exterior ... cabinetry really jacked up ... decals with chunck out of it ... dirt under more decals ... large puffy spot on island sink paneling ... glue blobs on all 3 slide roofs (look like they laid a glue brush down every so often) ... on and on. I just get PO'd posting about it.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentf View Post
Where did you buy the handle for the door?
I got the door handles From Camping World,
Screen Door Cross Bar - Black Handle - Camco 42183 - Screen Doors - Camping World they have them right now for $10.27
I had to make a small extinction on each side to go under the door frame so the screen door could close. I used some 1/8" aluminum that I had and self tapping screws to screw the handle to the screen door. If you look close at the photo you can see the small plates I made on each side and put three screws in the door.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #16

dieselguy:
Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your Silverback 33IK. My 2015 33IK had zero problems when I took delivery from the dealer. But don't ask what happen when I got the unit home.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:08 AM   #17
Jeffco, MO

Misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Ted ... link me up to the post as it wasn't me. I definitely left a 2016 33IK sitting on the dealers lot ... build quality was P.I.T.I.F.U.L. Scratches over a good portion of the rear exterior ... cabinetry really jacked up ... decals with chunck out of it ... dirt under more decals ... large puffy spot on island sink paneling ... glue blobs on all 3 slide roofs (look like they laid a glue brush down every so often) ... on and on. I just get PO'd posting about it.
When I looked at other post by you concerning quality, I noticed the posting on 'Yikes... Dealer dropped my 5ver off the truck.' You just made a comment about someone else's problem. Sorry for the my misunderstanding on my part.

Also sorry to hear of your problems on your 33IK. If you would go to the Rally in Goshen I am sure you will get everything fixed. You can also talk to factory reps and visit the factory to provide the Cedar Creek factory with you feedback. I am also surprised that the dealer even presented you with the 33IK. If a dealer receives a unit with all those discrepancies they should fix them before showing the unit and if too bad the dealer should refuse the unit and deal with Cedar Creek on proper compensation for your delay receiving an acceptable unit.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #18

X2 on dealer responsibility. His reputation is the one hurt by poor quality. Dealers need to reject units they cannot properly prep rather than hope for the best at delivery to a retail buyer.
If I invested my life savings into a dealership, I would be mad as hell if a factory sent me a garbage unit. Who cares WHY?!! No one.
Car dealers reject units all the time. They go to auction by the mfgr and resold at a significant reduction and re sold as a used car.
You should not receive junk when you pay for mid to upper grade quality.
It ruined Harley Davidson for the years Brunswick bought and owned the company. Only by God's grace, Willie G. Davidson, bought it back and saved it from the scrap pile!!
Moral of the story: buyers want more than a name!! These hobbies are expensive!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #19

We got our 33IK back in Jan. the only issue we saw when we were buying it before they did the prep and our PDI was that it seemed that the fridge door came open while being shipped to the dealer. and there was some scuffing on that. the dealer had that taken care of when we came back to pick it up and do the PDI. as for mods bout the only i have done is added a bottle opener between the oven and the fridge so i can open my beer easier when i get it out of the fridge
elrand is offline   Reply With Quote