Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 AM   #21
jlf

Congrats on your 33 rl. We just purchased the 2014 33rl in Sept. And we love it. We have a 2004 Chevy 2500 hd diesel and it pulls very nicely. Enjoy!
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #22

Love my 33RL

Own a 2014 33RL and love it. Pull it with a F250 w/ 6.7L diesel. I have Air Lift air springs installed as the 33RL is pretty heavy as loaded for our full time camping. You may find the torque of a diesel beneficial especially when pulling on steep grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac2009 View Post
Well, if finally made the decision to go with the new 2014 Silverback 33RL. It was a tough choice between the 33 or the 29

During my search I discovered that the Silverback is about the only mid-level 5er that someone 6'6" can walk upright in the bedroom without touching the cieling. I still have to duck going through the doorway. Wow, there are some really low bedrooms out there.

Now the next stress point is how well my Ram 2500 6.4 hemi will do pulling 11,000 dry weight. My ad rating tow is 12,100. Its just he wife and I so add another 500-600 lbs and I'm at 11,600.

I dont retire for 3 more years but once I do we are planning to travel the US. After 35 years of doing IT work, I'm ready now.
Notlookinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #23

SilverbacK 33rl

Just bought one yesterday at a small show in West Palm Beach. We won't be getting it until April as we are having it built. Presently have a Keystone, 36 ft, triple slide, fifth wheel which we are presently in at Okeechobee, FL for the remainder of February. Keystone Outback Sydney has served us very well, few minor issues in 3 years. Has been x country and towed in everything except ice/snow. We will be keeping the new unit in the north GA mountains (Dahlonega) 50 miles from home. We opted for a change to the rear living and we liked what we saw and read on this Silverback. We are retired and plan on another west coast trip, Utah, Vegas, CA, next year or following. We had this plumbed for a washer/dryer in event we take an extended trip.

We made some adds such as 2nd air; TrailAir Hitch; convection/micro combo; Trump Mattress pillow top upgrade and a few do dads

I will be perusing this site often as "SilverbackMel". On Keystone forum, I am Outbackmel. I look forward to gaining as much info as possible, good and bad, to make our Silverback experience more pleasant.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #24

Welcome to the Forest River forum SilverbackMel. The 33RL is a great floor plan.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags