Old 09-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #21

I saw them at the rally and I do not want one of those steps. The reason is because a number of times when I stop at a truck stop or a rest area I will not have enough space between my RV and the next parking space to open the steps. It appears to me that the steps will protrude about two foot into the next parking space. If your steps are in the next parking space, there a chance another vehicle may hit them.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #22
SnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalspot View Post
Per my contact at Cedar Creek, both step styles are available at this time.
Not sure who your contact is, but both Craig and Doretta have told me and my dealers that the Mor/Ryde steps were the only steps available. Myself and others are pushing to make the steps an option. I've been working with Nick to try and change this. So, hopefully they come around and keep both steps available.

Hensley TS3, 20k hitch
2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA-7, fully loaded
Nights camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-97
SnP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #23

Did you buy me that winning lottery ticket yet? Tho I wouldn't mind being back in a KW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Come on we need some company, buy a River Stone
Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #24

According to our dealer and the Cedar Creek Sales contact, Angie Oliver you can still get the quad steps, just as you can still option the regular 12-gallon water heater if you don't want the on-demand.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #25

I will say, this all makes me love my Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps all the more. Better steps than the plain old hung steps, solid ground contact, without the potential issues that seem to be possible with these Mor/ryde steps.

I do think NOT buying a Cedar Creek due to the steps seems a bit overkill. Buy it and have your dealer immediately swap the steps out for these. Make it part of the purchase contract.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:38 AM   #26

A swap might not be so easily accomplished, if you look at the picture above, you will note there is no stepwell.

As we are ordering our first Forest River product, I've had a lot of questions, and don't always trust any dealer to be the foremost authority on information. I've been emailing Angie with a LOT of questions and she has been great a getting me answers. I also sent her the link to this thread and she said she would be passing along the concerns pointed out here. Whether they fall on deaf ears remains to be seen, but from my experience I'd say if you have a concern that might keep you from buying a Cedar Creek, or another FR brand, contact the appropriate FR person and voice your opinion. Can't hurt. I've been pleasantly surprised at what FR is willing to do to customize our build - and at no extra charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I do think NOT buying a Cedar Creek due to the steps seems a bit overkill. Buy it and have your dealer immediately swap the steps out for these. Make it part of the purchase contract.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 PM   #27

I too am in favor of being able to order a coach with either type steps. While at the rally I looked for a replacement for the Flexco 4 steel steps that came on our 36ckts. I looked at the Mor ryde steps and the Lippert aluminum tread steps. Wife liked the Lippert because they are so much lighter and easier for her to unfold and fold up. I had the Lippert steps installed while at the rally.
I hope it never happens, but I can see a lawsuit if someone opens their entry door and the Mor ryde steps locking mechanism fails. Someone is going to get a face full of steps.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #28
Mod free 5er

Don't think much of them. How about when it's only about 2' from the door to the ground? Bad idea IMHO.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #29

Still haven't seen them, but now I officially know 2 people with them. Both rave about them.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #30

New steps offer BOTH stability and storage safety. Think about thieves. Path of least resistance preferred!! Not with these babies!! Harder to reach those door locks.
Do I want them. No. Why? Stopping for meals while traveling we put out refer slide. With steps extended, too much space used.
And the debate begins. Lots of us did not like I phones either 😂! Just say'n!

Tags
cedar creek