Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1

New to Cedar Creek...

We just bought our first 5th wheel, 2010 Cedar Creek 36RE, it is replaceing a Keystone 28ft TT. We are new to RV'ing as we just started last year. We pulled the TT to Fort Kent, ME from East Tennessee with a Ford F-150 and fall in love with RV'ing. We bought a new TV, Ford F250, 6.4 gas with heavy duty camper and tow package with overload springs. The TV has a 10K GV rateing, the truck is 7,255 lb.
We hope to start our frist outting later this month after spending a few days at the dealers (Tom Johnsons RV) in NC camp ground to learn how to handle everything and insure the RV has no problems. If anyone has any help that might keep me out of trouble, PLEASE let me know. Just retired last year and don't want the wife to kill me if I mess up her new RV. Thanks all. Roger & Mary
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #2

Very nice choice of floorplan, that is what we have,we did have one problem with the large slide( kitchen slide) it would go out at a angle, we actually had this issue with 2 units both 36re, ths fix was to cut a washer in half and insert it on the side without the hydraulic ram, everything has been fine since that fix.
Did have a converter go bad but that is not a Cedar Creek problem, but was covered under warranty.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new camper.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #4

Either before or after the shake down at the camp ground I would find a large empty parking lot and practice. The 5thw will act a lot different than your TT. Do alot of right hand turns and many back-ups. Get some hwy cones for markers, plan on spending a couple hours on this.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #5

Thanks for the Back-up ...

Thanks for the advice on back-up and parking, I did this the first day I pulled it home but plain to do it agin before shake down and dureing shake down. They have a large area set aside for doing this at the camp ground area and even even have someone to help and give you pointers. Have a very large learning carve but we will make it. I am looking at adding an air-ride to the truck and 5th wheel hook-up, any advice on that from anyone.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #6

Practice, practice, practice... Church and school parking lots work well, lots of obstacles (trees,poles,curbs,etc), empty on Saturday.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote