Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #1

New to me 2013 Silverback 35QB4

Hi,

Just purchased a used 2013 Silverback 35QB4. The family is quite excited to upgrade from our previous travel trailer. I do not have the manual and I have a couple questions. The walk through was pretty good, but the service guy didn't know these questions off the top of his head.

1. I have the docking station with 3 pull valves for the tanks (Black Tank, Bath Tank, Galley Tank). Can anyone educate me on what drains into each tank?

2. I have one additional valve, that I believe is for the second 1/2 bath, under the rear slide that has a grey handle , but there are two stickers above it. One sticker says Black tank and the other says Galley tank. Does the second 1/2 bath have its own black tank and the contents are combined with the bathroom sink? There is only one tank indicator on the wall in the 2nd bathroom. What exactly does this handle release?

3. Depending on the second question, is the black tank flush connected to the second black tank as well?

4. The trailer has a frame welded rear hitch that I believe comes from the factory. It is only a 1 1/4 hitch. Does anyone know what the weight rating is for that? I have a bike rack that would like to use.

5. It has a water filtration system. Where is the best place to get replacement filters?

6. Anything else I should look out for on this trailer?

Appreciate any help.
Allamakee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:36 PM   #2

The black tank is the toilet, bath tank is shower and sink. The gallery tank is normally for the kitchen sink. It appears you have a second bathroom and a second black water tank and a gray water tank. These are separate tanks. The rear hitch is probably 250 pounds. Most people disconnect the water filtration system or just don’t put a filter in it. You are probably a lucky one as your front cap hasn’t faded. Cedar Creek makes some nice campers, I have one. If you ever need any work done on camper and you are not to far away from Goshen Indiana then Orvan Fry is the best person to fix Cedar Creek
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

congrats on the new unit. may need to grab some buckets and run some clean water into different tanks to find out what goes where on your tanks. look into the rack and make sure it is truly factor or at least supported well enough to support the weight (lots of threads about lost bumpers)
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. If the rear bathroom has two additional tanks. Where else could the second release valve be located?
Old 02-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #5

I have a 2012 35QB4 -- which pretty much identical to yours as they made some more distinctive changes in the 2014 model.
Regarding your questions:

1. I have the docking station with 3 pull valves for the tanks (Black Tank, Bath Tank, Galley Tank). Can anyone educate me on what drains into each tank?

In your docking station, the 'Bath Tank' is the main shower and sink, along with the washer/dryer (if you have that option). THe black tank is the main bathroom toilet. And the Galley is the Kitchen sink ALONG with the rear bathroom sink.
I have two additional tanks in the rear, with those valve handles behind the rear wheel. One is the 'Black Tank' for the rear bathroom toilet. And the second is a 'Grey Tank' for my outside kitchen sink. (not sure if you have that option)
The Tank Monitor Panel in the rear bathroom is for the two rear tanks (or the one if you don't have an outside kitchen)

2. I have one additional valve, that I believe is for the second 1/2 bath, under the rear slide that has a grey handle , but there are two stickers above it. One sticker says Black tank and the other says Galley tank. Does the second 1/2 bath have its own black tank and the contents are combined with the bathroom sink? There is only one tank indicator on the wall in the 2nd bathroom. What exactly does this handle release?

SEE ABOVE ANSWER

3. Depending on the second question, is the black tank flush connected to the second black tank as well?

I have two Black Tank Flush ports within the docking stations. For some reason, FR installed them backwards. The forward port, is for the rear black tank. And the more rear port is for the front black tank. (hope that doesn't confuse you, I can add a pic if you like)

4. The trailer has a frame welded rear hitch that I believe comes from the factory. It is only a 1 1/4 hitch. Does anyone know what the weight rating is for that? I have a bike rack that would like to use.

Mine does not have a frame welded hitch receiver. I wish it did!
Best for you to contact FR for the weight rating if nothing is posted locally.

5. It has a water filtration system. Where is the best place to get replacement filters?

I get mine off of Amazon -- Walmart too has them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. Anything else I should look out for on this trailer?

We love love love the trailer...layout cannot be beat for us...all the new and other used 5'rs we look at, all pale in comparison with relation to layout and storage location etc...
I've done my fare share of upgrades and tweaks the past few years...lighting, converter, wetbolts, under-mount spare tire storage, dual fence post covers, upgraded the landing gear to dual motor and on remote control, LED throughout, second ducted AC, two bluetooth thermostats, LevelmatePro, and I could go on and on.......

We took it on a 6,500-mile, 32-day trip, August of 2018 out west to 12 national parks and more. Trailer performed flawlessly.

Only wish is that it had automatic levelers!!
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount
mekkerlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #6

Thank you so much for the info. A couple follow up points

I do not have the outside kitchen (just the fridge). I only have one valve behind the rear axle. The tank monitor panel in the rear bathroom only has one option, so it must be only for one tank. This must be for the second black tank and the single valve must just be for the second black tank then? Was is just miscolored, because it has a grey handle?

I only have one black tank flush in my docking station. I have a fresh water hookup below the city/gravity lever. Next to that is the black tank flush and then the fresh water tank fill up I believe.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #7

I tried to attach a picture of the docking station and a picture of the back lever behind the tires and under the rear slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Docking Station.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	197795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Lever.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	197796  
Old 02-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #8

After extensive reading, would the two white connections above the filter housing, both be black tank flush connections? My walk through service tech told me the one furthest to the right in the picture was for filling the fresh water tank.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #9

Allamakee1 -- thanks for sharing the picture.

Your docking station has TWO black tank flush ports.
The two white water inputs to the right of the city water hook-up are them.
Now for me, the one towards the front of the rig is for the rear black tank. And the port to the right is for the front black tank.

The city water inlet, which is black, and has the blue valve above it...that valve will dictate whether you are using the city/cg water to fill your fw tank, or to pressurize your system for use at a campground.

If you go look under your main bathroom sink, you will see the two check-valves for the black tank flushes. These have a tendency to leak. I have replaced one.

And yes, that single valve handle behind your rear tire, is for the rear bathroom black tank. I have the same exact flange off the frame, but I have two valves rather than one.

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you think of anything else!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allamakee1 View Post
After extensive reading, would the two white connections above the filter housing, both be black tank flush connections? My walk through service tech told me the one furthest to the right in the picture was for filling the fresh water tank.
Your Tech was 100% wrong unfortunately.
My docking station is the exact same layout as yours.
See the info I shared above.
You will just want to pin-point which flush port is for which black tank.
My money is on how mine is set up!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #11

Thank you so much, that has been extremely helpful.

Tags
2013, 35qb4