Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #1

New to us 34RL

Just Upgraded to a new to us 2016 Cedar Creel 34RL. WHO HOO! The previous owners were not real helpful explaining everything to us so I am coming to the experts here. On the 2 tv's in Living and Bedroom do they have pull out mounts to get to the backs to check how the cables are run? I don't want to pull too hard on the tv and break it but it sure would be odd not to be able to pull it out and turn the angle of it .

Thanks
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #2

Don't know about the tv but I was interested in purchasing a CC 34Lr but thought it would be too much for my 250. So I am leaning towards the silverback 33ik have you towed with it yet? And if so how did it handle? Not so much on the power as I see you have a diesel my concern was about the payload very interested how your truck handled it and did you add any suspension upgrades thanks
Old 03-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #3

I haven't towed it yet but the original owner brought it to the house with his chevy 2500 and he said he never had any issues and it was pretty level. I plan on getting air bags though
Old 03-13-2018, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaNTom View Post
Just Upgraded to a new to us 2016 Cedar Creel 34RL. WHO HOO! The previous owners were not real helpful explaining everything to us so I am coming to the experts here. On the 2 tv's in Living and Bedroom do they have pull out mounts to get to the backs to check how the cables are run? I don't want to pull too hard on the tv and break it but it sure would be odd not to be able to pull it out and turn the angle of it .

Thanks
Not sure about your tv mounts but our Cedar Creek 36ck2 has a pivoting mount in the main living and liftoff mount in the bedroom. For the bedroom, I just grab the tv at the bottom and lift up and it comes off the mount so I can get to the wires.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #5

My guess the PO was ignorant. That fiver can be very pin heavy when loaded for travel. 2500s are simply not enough truck for most Creeks. Before you spend one dime on your truck, load the trailer up and get it weighed hitched to your truck. But be prepared for the consequences.
At over 16,000 GVWR that is really in dually territory.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #6

What I would do is first load for camping and see how the Creek towed before I brought another truck. With 4200 lbs CC I doubt if you will ever be over 16,000lbs. I would think the most y’all will ever carry is 1500 lbs.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #7

Oh yes enjoy your new to you camper. You have any problems this is the place to come first
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #8

One thing is certain on all RV Forums. You can be pulling a popup with a Kenworth and someone will say you don’t have enough truck!
pppthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #9
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppthomas View Post
One thing is certain on all RV Forums. You can be pulling a popup with a Kenworth and someone will say you don’t have enough truck!
You got that right!
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #10

Quote:
That has to be one of the dumbest comments so far.
The guy has bought himself a 16,500 pound GVWR fiver. Whether he does or does not get close to the fivers GVWR, the potiental is there. If he is crazy enough to think he can safely pull it with anything less than a one ton dually, he is either as crazy as the guy that he bought it from or is plane uninformed. Either way the OP needs to have sufficient tow vehicle to safwly handle the full load.
Yea, I know some people attempt to rebuild a motor using nothing but a screw driver and a pair of pliers. While othera will do the job using the correct tool. He really needs to understand and have the correct tool or dont start the job!
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #11

Quote:
That is so true!!
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaNTom View Post

Thanks
Hi, Welcome to your 34RL Cedar Creek.

I too have a 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek being pulled with a 2008, 2500 Dodge Mega Cab with the 6.7L Cummins and the 68RFE auto. I am not a member of the Weight police and I do not enforce their agenda. The only change I made was to the rims and tires changing to a LT285/70/17 126S Nitto Dura Grappler tires..

Now to your TV question, The TV's are supported with two brackets that you need to pull down a little and out to separate them. I had to do this to replace my rear TV bracket since we wanted a swing out TV bracket. The factory brackets do not swing but are stationary.

Good Luck
Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #13

Thanks Jim, for the TV answer
That is all I really wanted to know. Things go off subject real quick here

and for all the weight issues brought up I willl check my weights before I travel and appreciate your input

Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
That has to be one of the dumbest comments so far.

The guy has bought himself a 16,500 pound GVWR fiver. Whether he does or does not get close to the fivers GVWR, the potiental is there. If he is crazy enough to think he can safely pull it with anything less than a one ton dually, he is either as crazy as the guy that he bought it from or is plane uninformed. Either way the OP needs to have sufficient tow vehicle to safwly handle the full load.

Yea, I know some people attempt to rebuild a motor using nothing but a screw driver and a pair of pliers. While othera will do the job using the correct tool. He really needs to understand and have the correct tool or dont start the job!

You know if I s the biggest word in the dictionary