Old 05-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #11

Just took back to the dealer and when I went to hook up I noticed fluid leaking from one of the jacks by the entry door . Showed tech that got unit ready for delivery and he said it's coming from the top of the jack . He also did a quick look at the slide and said yep you have a problem so now we wait . Maybe some day we will be able to spend our first night in the thing.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #12

14 CC 38CK - I can help with the jack issue. Been there done that. My front jack leaked from the top from the day I took delivery. The dealer wanted it brought back in to fix it but that wasn't going to happen. You see, the cost of some fluid is nothing compared to not having my trailer. To do the math, start by getting a price to rent the trailer you don't have. Anyway, I put up with the minor leak for a year or so. Only added a few ounces of fluid. Finally I pulled the jack and had a shop rebuild it. Nice but it still leaked. Took it all apart myself (other things on a camper should be so easy). Turns out Lippert nicked the piston sleeve during assembly and the seal wouldn't hold. You could feel the nick but not even see it. Some minor polishing with fine sandpaper cured it completely.

Sterlingsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:03 AM   #13

Dropped off at the dealer for a list of things to be fixed today so they can fix the leak . Haven't even been able to use this thing yet so they can fix it . I have replaced cracked cabinet door and busted door slide my self but the list keeps growing . I didn't buy this rig to work on it all the time , again I believe FR needs to step up on quality control to many of the same problems being heard of and you would think something would be done.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #14

UPDATE : Got a call this morning from the tech checking out the 5vr . He informed me that he could not find where the hydraulic fluid was coming from by the center jack but said there was signs of leakage and saw it was dripping Haha !! 2nd he said he has to remove the bedroom slide and replace the floor and carpet because it wasn't installed right when unit was built and roller has started ripping the wood floor . All this and we haven't even used the unit yet . Looks like most of this summer is a waste . He said it will be at least a month or more because FR is saying they have to make the floor and order the carpet that they installed wrong causing the slide to be not aliened right . 3rd fire place problem solved he had to remove to get foam out stuck behind glass .
Old 05-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #15

That's awful. I just put a washer/dryer in my 38CK and it really loads that bedroom slide. I think they need more rollers to carry the load. Can't do anything wo removing the slide room. If the hose connections on the jack are tight, the jack is leaking at the top seal. They should replace the jack. Easy job.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #16

I agree Sterling about more rollers , tech said he has to remove the slide to replace the floor and reinstall it so we will see how it goes . You would think the factory would want it back to the factory to do repairs being it is new and never slept In yet to see what the problem is . Still can not believe they would put that system on that size of slide when you have hydraulic slides already that seem to work just fine . Tech said if we wanted to go camping we could come and pick it up and go then bring it back lol I told him I'm not taking a chance of not being able to get the slide out , let alone back in . Now we see just how long it takes FR to get the parts to them .
Old 05-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #17

14CC38CK, when I picked my unit up in December, it was below zero. I tried to put out the bedroom slide and it moved a little and blew the breakers. There was frozen mastic on the rollers underneath. Eventually cleaned it off with pint thinner and the slide has worked fine. Remember to spray silicone on the aluminum gear tracks on the sides of the slideout. You do not want a hydraulic setup on that slide. The slide tubes and required gear protrude into the compartments underneath and beneath the bed. The in wall system is the best way to go. All you need is for it to work properly.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #18

I pointed out when we did our PDI that something was wrong with the slide because it was marking the bottom on the underside , and now it has started tearing the wood apart and removed all the protection from it so it is raw wood now (not good)
Old 05-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #19

Gotcha, I have 2 rollers underneath on each end of the slideout. The room should just roll in and out on those. What's tearing things up?
Old 05-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #20

Good question on what is going on , looks like all the weight is on the back roller and it is going through the floor