Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #21

Back roller(s)? Mine are on the insides at the back of the base of the bed. When I inspected by removing the bottom of the storage area under the bed, one of the rollers had simply broken the piss wood block of wood it was attached to and fallen off and the other was so crooked it was almost useless. The bed frame was basically scuffing along on the carpet. First order of business was to get some high quality oak and cut some decent mounting blocks and BOLT the rollers in place. I know, doesn't sound good for FR but the slide did go in and out with or without the back rollers. Underneath the base of the bed is also all the piping for the washer/dryer. No room for any hydraulic slide stuff.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #22

What I mean by back roller is the one towards the back of the coach . You can see where it is by opening the slide and going out side underneath and seeing where is has gone through the floor
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #23

Which puts it underneath the closet in the hall
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #24

14 CC 38CK, OK there are 2 rollers on the edge of the slide opening of the unit. Most of the slideout weight rides on those. Your "back" one must be really screwed up to chew through the slideout floor. Would love to see what it looks like. If the bracket got bent or the assembly got ripped loose and jammed under there it sure would dig into the floor. Damage could have been done when the factory shoved the slide into the opening. Did it go all the way through? That would be a lot of work to fix. It should have been caught long before they tried to hand the unit over to you. I carefully inspected those on my PDI.

My dealer blew off a problem I noticed with the inverter for my fridge. It tripped off for no real reason with an overload error. Word on the Forum is it's bad. I ripped it out and put another make in at my own expense. So far so good.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote