Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #1

New Troubles

Ok I got ahold of Cory at Forest River and he took care of the cracked cabinet door in the bathroom and the slide on the storm door . Had me send him pictures and he was right on it and I had within a week and everything is great with those 2 items . Went to the trailer today and installed both and went to slide out the front bedroom slide out and after 10 try's and on the 11th I had to push at the same time to get the slide out and we haven't even slept in the unit yet . Looks like we have problems with one of the motors sounds like it starts binding up and stops , after I pushed on it it stayed running . Why wound they put 2 nice slides in the living room area and then these cheap ass electric motor driven on the bedroom . So I just sent Cory an email to have him call me about it , I want to see if we can take up to the factory to have it looked at . Don't trust the dealership with it . Question is does anyone know if they did an upgrade on the drive motors on this Swintech slides ?

14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #2

Please let us know what you find out. We have a 2015 38CK and our bedroom slide in & out slow but when I put it in it stops and leaves 4" out. I have to allow it to go out another 2" then it will close all the way. Just weird that I have to do it that way. Plus it never closes tight to trailer always can see the thick rubber gasket. Everyone says that's the way it's suppose to be. The living room both close tight. Is that true with you?

alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #3

I have talked to CederCreek and they said to take it back to the dealer and let them look at it even though I pointed out at time of delivery . They said that it should be an easy fix sounds like a motor problem but I disagree , because it is binding up and drawing down the motor to where it stops also I pointed out that when the slide is out that under the floor where they cote it outside it looks as though the roller is dragging and scarring the floor and removed the covering they put on it (looks like crap) , CederCreek didn't even care when I told them this . I have talked to the dealership where we bought it from and they claim they will get it right in for us even though they are telling customers they are backed up until end of May . I will post what they find when I get it back but I will never buy another one with this type of slide unit on it , problem is I'm told everyone is using this system now so I guess I will never buy another RV . After camping and owning an RV for 38 years I guess this might be the down fall of the RV industry as we see what they are using now . When ever you use 2 motors to work together it will never be right . Why would they change something that was working good blows me away .
Old 04-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #4

Just a guess but one of the motors is out of sync - I have heard (but luckily no problems here yet) that is the most common problem. Hope they get you whole soon so you can enjoy the rig. Search on the forums for slide out fabric and you will see lots of issues and possible solutions for that.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 PM   #5

No when we did the Walk through with the tech which is a friend he pointed out if a motor does get out of sync you run in and out 3 or 4 times and this suppose to sync them . I think being that there is a track mark under that end of the slide there is something else .
Old 04-29-2015, 04:32 AM   #6

Do you think it could be the awning over the slide, it was with my CC 30RL

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #7

Corey promptly helped me with an issue as well ... sadly he is no longer with Cedar Creek.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #8

Corey;
He assisted me in the past as well. Did he leave FR altogether?
Who replaced him?
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #9

Henry Sears has been answering my emails in place of Corey. All he said was Corey took a position with another company. Too bad as he seemed to be on top of things.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #10

Maybe you have my problem with the Swintech slide. I have a 2014 38 CK. CK got mastic adhesive on the bottom of the slide out. It got smeared all over the roller that the slide out rides on causing the assembly to bind and stall. Cleaned it up with paint thinner. IMO CK doesn't use enough rollers for the room to ride on but the Swintech is a very good piece of equipment.

Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote