Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #41
Site Team

You know, if N is so good at not leaking and staying at same pressure, then why do we have to check our N- filled tires every trip and add air all the time? Just saying. My last 2 5ers had nitro at first and had to be topped off all the time.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #42

I have a pancake compressor in the front basement area, which I plug into the inverter when needed - which is prior to EVERY time I hook up! Believe it or not. No, there's nothing wrong with the tires. I increase PSI in the TV tires according to the load, reduce it when we arrive. The load is pretty constant. DW can only get so much in this rig!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #43

Your tires

I don't want to sound like a SA. But to not have checked your TP in so long, to me is ridiculous and unsafe.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #44

just replaced all of mine blistered and bubbled. Had less than two thousand miles on them. Put goodyear air filled on.
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #45
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
You know, if N is so good at not leaking and staying at same pressure, then why do we have to check our N- filled tires every trip and add air all the time? Just saying. My last 2 5ers had nitro at first and had to be topped off all the time.
Sounds like you have an air leak(s) if you need to add air each travel day.

N2 does leak out just slower than O2

Here is my post on N2. It may answer your questions.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
I have a pancake compressor in the front basement area, which I plug into the inverter when needed - which is prior to EVERY time I hook up! Believe it or not. No, there's nothing wrong with the tires. I increase PSI in the TV tires according to the load, reduce it when we arrive. The load is pretty constant. DW can only get so much in this rig!
And how do you determine whether to increase PSI according to load if the load is pretty constant? Why do you reduce it when you arrive???? Do you weight every time you move the trailer?