Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

No Factory Rep for Us Cedar Creek folks?

Noticed that more than several factory reps monitor their Forest River brands. How come no Cedar Creek rep ever chimes in? Yes, I know the other reps do it voluntarily because they care, so wouldn't it be nice if just every once in a blue moon you got just a hint of a whiff that somebody cared out in Cedarcreekville about what we think about the end product.....just sayin'
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
Site Team

out of all the tons of brands under FR's umbrella, including Palomino, Shasta, Dynamax and Coachmen, there are probably only 3-4 factory reps that are members here.
so, only 3 or 4 brands have anyone that can help with those brand owners.
so, the vast majority of brands have no one to seek help from.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #3

How do you know someone from Cedar Creek isn’t monitoring the board? You don’t have to become a member to read the threads here on the Forest River Forum. I’d be willing to bet there are more employees of Forest River reading these forums than any of us know about.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #4
MC9

With 95 - 98% Amish employees, just who would that be?
MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC9 View Post
It's obvious you've never been to the CC factory. Amish are educated to the eighth grade level so I doubt very many Amish work in the offices of Forest River or the many factory offices. There are exceptions of course.
BTW, I have to question where you got the percentage of Amish employees.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Seems I hit a nerve.... Sorry for bringing it up
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #7
MC9

I have toured the CC factory at least 4 times and have had the rig (34RLSA) worked on twice at the factory. The tour guides relate the employee breakdown. Also, several of the mgrs. are also Amish or Mennonite.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
How do you know someone from Cedar Creek isn’t monitoring the board? You don’t have to become a member to read the threads here on the Forest River Forum. I’d be willing to bet there are more employees of Forest River reading these forums than any of us know about.
I suspect you are correct Oakman. Unfortunately, the FR Reps have learned that when they "out" themselves, they get dogpiled by disgruntled customers.

Quote:
That percentage refers to the employees on the assembly floor, and is pretty accurate (although there is a good mix of Mennonites as well, and they do not have the technology restraints as do the Amish)

Quote:
It's obvious you've never been to the CC factory. Amish are educated to the eighth grade level so I doubt very many Amish work in the offices of Forest River or the many factory offices. There are exceptions of course.
Again, Oakman you are correct. I too question the high numbers of Amish on the floor - when we toured it was about 40-40% Amish/Mennonite and 20% "Other" (there is a large Hispanic influx in Elkhart CO because of the job opportunity in the RV plants)

Quote:
I have toured the CC factory at least 4 times and have had the rig (34RLSA) worked on twice at the factory. The tour guides relate the employee breakdown. Also, several of the mgrs. are also Amish or Mennonite.
Agree about floor managers being Amish & Mennonite. These, however, are not product managers (Like Wildcat Chris was).

Product/design managers (the folks who head a team that designs future floor plans, options and amenities) are almost certainly non-Amish since college degrees and familiarity with CAD-CAM software, computers, and production/management/cost analysis principles would be a prerequisite to hiring.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #9

Interesting subject.

At the first Goshen Rally I asked a service manager if he ever looked at the forum. He became visibly upset and said that he used to monitor it until he tried to get more info on an issue and found the OP was a competitor not a customer.

Don't know how much that happens but that was his perception. Just sayin.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #10

Cedar Creek Factory Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
Noticed that more than several factory reps monitor their Forest River brands. How come no Cedar Creek rep ever chimes in? Yes, I know the other reps do it voluntarily because they care, so wouldn't it be nice if just every once in a blue moon you got just a hint of a whiff that somebody cared out in Cedarcreekville about what we think about the end product.....just sayin'
I thought I'd hop on here during my lunch break and clear a few things up. First of all, I do monitor the forums regularly. Anyone who has ever dealt with us will tell you that we do care very much about our product. Most topics regarding Cedar Creek product are usually adequately answered by Cedar Creek owners like yourself. I have not seen any posts with questions that were not already answered by other forum members. As you know, Cedar Creek is "The Smart Choice for the Experienced RV'er" and from what I have seen, this statement has shown to be true throughout these forums. That being said, this post did inspire me to create a profile for myself.

Quote:

This is a true statement, about 95% of Cedar Creek employees do belong to the Amish and Mennonite communities. The majority of my Amish and Mennonite co-workers are our production staff, but we do have one Parts Advisor, Fred who is Amish, and he has a Bachelor's Degree.

I hope this adequately answered your questions and concerns. I took no offense to any of these posts because it is true, I do not take any offense to any of it. Feel free to chime in if you have an additional questions.

Sincerely,

Jeff Holmes

Happy Camping

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	68980  
CEDAR CREEK REP JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #11

I have dealt with Jeff in the past and he is a great guy to deal with.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #12
MC9

Thanks Jeff.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #13

Great to hear from you Jeff! I have certainly been thrilled with the service and response I have gotten when I have called! Keep up the good work!

By the way, are you in the picture? Which one?

Carroll

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2011 Ford F250 Superduty Powerstroke
cbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
Always Learning

Thanks for posting, Jeff! I love seeing factory reps on the site!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Hahahahha!
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #16

Jeff is not only a truly nice guy, he is a pleasure to work with. We met Jeff shortly after picking up our 36CKTS. We had a non warranty problem, Jeff took care of us, both at the factory and later on, at Lazydays.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #17

Doesnt seem to be much traffic with regard to Cherokee either.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 AM   #18
CCRVOC

Thanks for posting Jeff. I know that several members of the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club have communicated with you about problems and you have always been helpful with their concerns.
miles on CC - 2011 = 6035; 2012 = 14779; 2013 = 9066; 2014 = 5263; 2015 = 11179; 2016 = 5869; 2017 = 7290
rockfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:39 AM   #19

Welcome aboard Jeff. It is nice to see a Cedar Creek rep on the site who may be able to interject with something more official when question get asked. Great product by the way. We love our 38FL.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEDAR CREEK REP JH View Post

I thought I'd hop on here during my lunch break and clear a few things up. First of all, I do monitor the forums regularly. Anyone who has ever dealt with us will tell you that we do care very much about our product. Most topics regarding Cedar Creek product are usually adequately answered by Cedar Creek owners like yourself. I have not seen any posts with questions that were not already answered by other forum members. As you know, Cedar Creek is "The Smart Choice for the Experienced RV'er" and from what I have seen, this statement has shown to be true throughout these forums. That being said, this post did inspire me to create a profile for myself.

This is a true statement, about 95% of Cedar Creek employees do belong to the Amish and Mennonite communities. The majority of my Amish and Mennonite co-workers are our production staff, but we do have one Parts Advisor, Fred who is Amish, and he has a Bachelor's Degree.

I hope this adequately answered your questions and concerns. I took no offense to any of these posts because it is true, I do not take any offense to any of it. Feel free to chime in if you have an additional questions.

Sincerely,

Jeff Holmes

Happy Camping

Jeff I sent you a PM

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, factory