Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #1

No Video Switch Box-How does it work?

As our Cedar Creek is still stranded at Lazydays waiting on Ole Henry Ford to send us a truck, we had LazyD install satellite system. When the tech called with questions about how we wanted it hooked up. Puzzled I said it is supposed to be pre-wired so it should be wired to the satellite input on video switch box. He said no they don't have those anymore. It has cable, on-air antennae, satellite, plus DVR etc. how can all that get connected to two TVs without a switch? All motor homes we have owned had switches. He said he could make it work without having to swap cables, I don't see how.
With satellite you lose local channels so switching to antennae or cable and back is required often.
Does this system work without a switch box? How?
Thanks,
Jim
UncleFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #2

On our 38FL we have the following:

3 cable connectors on one side of the TV:

1. Antenna - which has a small power button - when on it is powering the roof antenna, when off it is suppling the external cable connector in the docking station. This is connected directly to our TV. (for now)

2. Sat In - (Just above #3 in same wall panel) Input from an external sat dish to the Sat reciever.

3. Sat Dish Signal - I am not sure but I believe this is a direct feed to the back tv so that you can watch from the Sat receiver (have not yet tested) on the back bedroom TV.

1 cable connector on the other side of the TV:

This is the cable that connects direct to the roof for a pre-wired Sat dish.

I can switch using the TV:
TV - OTA Antenna or local Cable feed.
HDMI1 - Sat Reciever
HDMI2 - Blue Ray/DVD Player
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the wiring info. Ford finally delivered our truck so heading over to Lazy Days next week to pick up Cedar Creek. Will spend a night or two at Lazydays to check out the systems including spending time with the satellite installation tech and hopefully put together a wiring diagram of the audio/visual system for future reference.
Thanks again,
Jim
UncleFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #4

If you have a separate connection labeled Satellite, ask them what it is for. I tried to run the Dish TV output back to the rear (Bedroom) TV and no signal comes through.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleFudd View Post
Thanks for the wiring info. Ford finally delivered our truck so heading over to Lazy Days next week to pick up Cedar Creek. Will spend a night or two at Lazydays to check out the systems including spending time with the satellite installation tech and hopefully put together a wiring diagram of the audio/visual system for future reference.
Thanks again,
Jim
Post anything interesting you learn about the satellite wiring. A lot of us would love to know. Steve A. Dagro
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote