Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #1

Noisy bedroom AC

I have a 2015 Silverback 33IK with two AC units. We had the RV out camping this last week (if you could call this camping, more like a hotel on wheels in the woods) but I digress. The AC in the living area runs fine but the AC in the bedroom seems to only have one fan speed and is not very quiet. Is this right or should I have the bedroom AC checked?
Gene85222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #2

If it seems to only have one speed, maybe it is set to HIGH instead of AUTO? The fan setting is LOW, HIGH, & AUTO. In AUTO, the AC will run on high fan until the temp gets within about 4 degrees of the setting, then switch to low speed. High speed is quite a bit noisier than low speed.
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #3

The 2012 Silverback we just traded was the same way. Dealer told us two types of a/c used in camper. The bedroom a/c is shorter than living room for clearance reasons. Thats why it is noisier. The worst part of ours was it cycled on and off like mad. I found a control wire was loose which solved the cycling problem.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #4

My thermostat is the Dometic Digital and on Zone 2 the AC shows Auto, LO, Mid and Hi but no matter what setting it is on there seems to be only one speed. I am guessing that the AC should have more than one speed.
Gene85222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #5

Our bedroom A/C seems to have only one speed too and when it starts up it sounds like a jet taking off. What we do now is turn off the bedroom A/C at night when we go to bed and lower the thermostat on the living area A/C by 2 degrees to keep the bedroom cool at night. Not a fix but it works for us.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #6

Pull filter out so you can get to low voltage control wires. The high voltage wire are behind the grey plate. Tug on control wires where they are spliced. I found some are not crimped well and pull apart. This maybe part of your problem.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo