Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2018, 08:01 AM   #1

Note to self......

We just had a major flood in our CC. In the middle of dewinterizing it and refilling the water tank and water heater we got called away. Told wife to turn off the water and I shut off the bathroom water. We were gone for several hours. Upon return there was water running down the street. Pulling into the driveway I saw water gushing out from under the rig....Oh it must be flowing out the over flow.....Nope...well when wife turned off the water she really turning it on full blast....on top of that I forgot the kitchen faucet was on. So it had filled the waste tank and then the sink and then the floor. Water everywhere. So I go the shop vac and sucked up and dried the water inside. I could see the belly pan was full too. I tilted the trailer back and forth which some did come out. So I dropped the 2 pans right under the kitchen and water gushed out..also the silver insulation was full so I poked a couple holes in it.....then I ran a fan for 1 day inside and 3 days underneath. Everything seemed pretty dry so I put it all back together. My floor seems to be plywood and not the cheap flake board other RV's use on the floor, thank God for that, it should be ok but yes we will double check next time lol lol lol
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #2

Was the silver insulation you poked holes in your ductwork? you may want to go back and tape it up. and turn the furnace on to dry the ductwork.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #3

I might want to tell the insurance company about the accident. Water and wood is not good. The water must have got in the vents. I don’t know, just a opinion
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #4

No it was that insulation with the aluminum backing. It holds water pretty good..lol...I'm pretty sure we got the water out and dried. The trailer was tilted to the side so most of it ran out and thru the crack where the slide is. We ran fans for 3 days to make sure and it was 80 degrees here.......
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Old 03-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I might want to tell the insurance company about the accident. Water and wood is not good. The water must have got in the vents. I don’t know, just a opinion
X2
Water and glue do not mix well either. Glue under the vinyl and glue under the wood onto the aluminum frame would be suspect.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #6

Well one good thing is FR uses regular plywood on the floor and not flake board. That was the one thing I was worried about... The vinyl is of course water proof so the only place water was running was out the edge where the slide meet the trailer floor and along a short section of the outside wall. Besides I am not sure they even glue the vinyl down. Some types are not glued. I know in the bathroom it is not. ....