Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #1

Ordering a 34rl2..... Options?

We are getting close to making the jump to the CC 34rl2 and deciding on wants and musts. DW insists on a stackable washer dryer. Not sure which refridge option to go with. Awning on slide out, slide out toppers, level up sys, TrailAir air hitch, second airconditioner , heat pump option, mattress upgrade, power theater seating, are the options we are considering. Dual pane windows and the bedroom heater are in the maybe list. Any input or suggestions are all welcome. Especially from 34rl2 owners. Thanks in advance for the help.
GoonF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

My suggestion would be to get the dual pane windows and forget about the bedroom heater
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #3

We ordered the upgraded mattress in our 33ik and have no regrets
narrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 AM   #4

I wish I would have ordered the slideout awning and the dual pane windows. Have all other options but washer/drier, needed the closet space. The bedroom is the warmest part of the RV so I don't think the bedroom heater would get used much, just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forest River Forums mobile app
cody1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #5

[QUOTE=keith52;1544868]My suggestion would be to get the dual pane windows and forget about the bedroom heater[/QUOTE

Yep - same preference here - sounds like you have everything you need [emoji1303]
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #6

Agreed on the dual pane windows. Good idea on the heat pump as the fireplace is a bit lacking in the heat department. Your heat will rise and heat the bedroom. We got the residential fridge 20 cu.ft. Love it. It is counter depth and does not stick out as much as the standard. Just wish we had a bit more cabinets in the kitchen. We also got the solar and battery upgrade to keep the fridge running longer.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #7

If you are going to be at full hookups most of the time,the residential fridge will be an option. Just be sure to have enough batteries for long travel days.

If you travel a lot and/or drycamp, the residential fridge/inverter system is a pain. My Dad has residential and you spend all your time managing batteries when boondocking or traveling for long periods.

The size is nice for residential, but we boondock a lot and will stick with the standard two way.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #8

Negotiate with your dealer for 4 6 volt batteries. This will get you plenty of run time. We love our residential refrigerator. Wish we had ordered the slide toppers. Also the air ride kingpin is a nice to have. We don't regret the upgraded mattress is very comfortable. Oh make sure to get the second year warranty from CC. We preferred not to have the dual Payne windows and have been fine without them. Good luck on your order.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #9

Interesting thread. I would not order a trailer. I want to take it off the lot. That way I am not obligated. I see the options in place and take it or leave it. Better though to have something I don't end up using than want something I don't have. My biggest concern is what enhances resale. Two years is about all I can stand before I want something different.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post
Negotiate with your dealer for 4 6 volt batteries. This will get you plenty of run time. We love our residential refrigerator. Wish we had ordered the slide toppers. Also the air ride kingpin is a nice to have. We don't regret the upgraded mattress is very comfortable. Oh make sure to get the second year warranty from CC. We preferred not to have the dual Payne windows and have been fine without them. Good luck on your order.

Too bad no more second year warranty from Forest River
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post

Well that is a bummer. I really like that option.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #12
wls

we got the dual pane, great option. we also got the bedroom heater, have used that plus the fireplace a lot.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #13

Dual pane, slide topper, level up system, trail air pln box.
ba964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #14

Quote:
My understanding was you could purchase the second year direct from FR?
Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #15

No more. I think May 31 was the last day. That's a shame too because the second year warranty was the best option Forest River had.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #16

Quote:
No more. I think May 31 was the last day. That's a shame too because the second year warranty was the best option Forest River had.
That was a big selling point for us!!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanous View Post

I didnt realize four 6 volts would fit in the battery compartment. Thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #18

We ordered our 34rl2 which was supposed to be here this week but is delayed about a month due to a back log of orders. We got dual pane windows, 22 french door fridge, second AC, heat pump, heater in bedroom, solar prep, air ride kingpin, rear hitch, level up system. We have our own mattress so will be getting rid of the one that comes with it. We also have always used 4 six volt batteries so will continue with the new fifth with that. Did not want the washer and dryer as we are full timers and wanted the closet space instead. We dont mind doing laundry at the rv park.
suelev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonF250 View Post
We are getting close to making the jump to the CC 34rl2 and deciding on wants and musts. DW insists on a stackable washer dryer. Not sure which refridge option to go with. Awning on slide out, slide out toppers, level up sys, TrailAir air hitch, second airconditioner , heat pump option, mattress upgrade, power theater seating, are the options we are considering. Dual pane windows and the bedroom heater are in the maybe list. Any input or suggestions are all welcome. Especially from 34rl2 owners. Thanks in advance for the help.
We placed the order today! Excited to become a part of the Cedar Creek family.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #20

Congrats and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonF250 View Post
We placed the order today! Excited to become a part of the Cedar Creek family.
dalspot is offline   Reply With Quote