Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #1

Our View

This was the view from our front door this past weekend.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Beautiful!!!

Looking forward to getting out there soon.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #3

Nice pic.

Thanks for sharing.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #4

That is an awesome view, I'll be in Gettysburg, PA the weekend after next. Can't wait.
2012 reserved/camped (17/4)

RonLynnJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #5

A great view and it looks like you had some pretty good weather too. Thanks for posting the photo.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
It rained f
It rained from time to time, but did not hamper our enjoyment.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quantico Marine Base view from our front door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2589.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	11453   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2603.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	11454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2604.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	11455  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #8

There is nothing like a good view!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #9

PapaSmurf, did you have any issues arise with your new Silverback on its maiden voyage?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #10

The worse problem we had was trying to lite the pilot on the oven. Our Wildcat did not have a conventional oven with the stove, it had the convection microwave and stove top only. So we had forgotten what a bear it is to lite an RV oven.

Everything else was pretty much just discovery of all the upgraded features vs. the Wildcat. The room is just astounding! Could not get over how much room there was in the bedroom and "great" room.

For me the nicest feature is the enclosed bathroom, I never liked taking a shower in the bedroom. And having a "real" door to close in the bedroom, instead of the slider between the kitchen and the bath. I get up about 4:00 everyday and the wife gets up about 8:00. The ability to get up, close the door, have full use of the bathroom and go make coffee and watch the news without waking her was worth the price of the trailer!

We had wind on top of the mountain the whole weekend, with occasional showers. The electric awning is real nice for this weather. You can open the awning about 3 feet, and it does not bounce and flap, like it does fully deployed. That way you can open the outer door and enjoy the view without getting the doors wet. or having a lot of sunshine. The vinyl inserts in the screen door are really nice as well, gives you a full view door to enjoy the outdoors.

The only thing I did not care for was the sky lite in the shower, it is clear and just let's in too much sun and heat. Went to Lowes, bought a small roll of sunscreen screen mesh, took the inside portion of the sky lite down cut a piece of sunscreen to cover the entire structure, laid it over and re-screwed it to the ceiling - viola no more bright sunshine in the bathroom.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #11

Another little trick I learned from a buddy this past weekend... with both electric and gas in the hot water, you can run both for more shower time.... We left the electric on the whole weekend, but about 10 minutes before the showers begin, I would flip on the gas. With this configuration you have both heating sources operational and more hot water. When done with showers, flip off the gas and just run electric until the next morning.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #12

Thanks for the info about your new Silverback and taking the time to share it with me. When we first looked at our 29RL the bathroom skylight was the first thing that really caught me off guard. I may be doing somethink about the clear skylight too. I am an early riser also and it will be nice to have the complete and enclosed bathroom. That was one of the features we were looking for when we were shopping for our next trailer.

I had to laugh about lighting the oven, it really is something of a hassle for an old guy like me. I usually lay on the floor with the lighter while my wife holds the oven knob in for me until the pilot stays lit. On trips where we use the oven, once it is lit, I keep it on pilot. I ain't lightin' it more than once a trip.

I wasn't sure if I would like the electric awning but after reading your post I'm looking forward to having it.

We're both really looking forward to having the extra room that opposing slideouts provide. Our dealer didn't have a 29RL model for us to look at but instead we looked at the RE model that you have and based our decision on it. Hopefully the shorter slideout on the side with the dining table won't make too much of a difference.

I've heard others talk about using both the gas and electric on the water heater for faster recovery of hot water, I've just never had the nerve to try it.

We're both pumped this morning. We leave in just a few hours for the 90 mile drive to Cape Girardeau Missouri to pick up the Silverback from the dealer. Once we do our PDI and accept delivery of the unit we are taking it just 2 miles down the road to Cape Camping and RV park to give everything a thorough testing.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788