Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 06:47 AM   #1

Outside Coax cable connection question

I have had my new 33 IK for a few months now and when I tried to use the factory installed outside coax connection point to basically attach to our roof top antenna, I get nothing. I was under the impression from the dealer that whatever I was receiving on the interior TVs I should be able to get through that connection point, except for satellite which I don't have...yet. Any advice would be helpful.
Jmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmats View Post
I have had my new 33 IK for a few months now and when I tried to use the factory installed outside coax connection point to basically attach to our roof top antenna, I get nothing. I was under the impression from the dealer that whatever I was receiving on the interior TVs I should be able to get through that connection point, except for satellite which I don't have...yet. Any advice would be helpful.
"outside coax connection point"....that is for hooking up cable TV. Some RV resorts provide it. Otherwise, there is a coax connection on the "inside" of your rig that probably has a red button next to it. Press that red button to power on your signal boaster, and then run a channel scan on your TV tuner to pick up off air TV from the antenna on the roof.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

My TT has 3 coax jacks

We have a Rockwood 2509S and it has three coax connections on the outside. One is for Cable TV input, one for satellite input, and the other for TV input (duplicate for the inside connection) So there are two Go-zin-to and one Go-zout-of jacks
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #4

Outside Coax cable connection question

The outside coax connection point is intended for Output and not input. I have a complete set up for input on the other side of the 33 IK and I know how they work. I was told by a tech guy at the dealer that I should be able to get antenna or cable out put to the point. It is set up on the 33 IK with the coax output point and and electrical outlet to accommodate a TV outside.
Jmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #5

Thinking that any two of these trailers, even of same brand, is the same coax connection is probably wrong.

Thinking they are anywhere near the same among various FR lines is fodder for being committed.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #6

Make sure the amplifier is turned off (inside)
Robertpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #7

UT_Grandpa has it right. There should be a coax connector on the outside of the trailer that has the door. That connection is only for hooking into a TV. Nothing else. It will duplicate what your TV gets on the inside, being the TV rooftop antenna.. On the other side of the trailer is possibly 2 coax connectors, maybe just one. If just one it should be marked "Cable". That is for hooking onto a park cable system. If are are 2 coax connections on the other side of the trailer than the second one will be marked Sat, as in Sat dish. To use the Cable input, first hook in the cable, then turn off the antenna booster switch, light off. Then set TV to cable input type and scan for channels.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertpaul View Post
Make sure the amplifier is turned off (inside)
Ditto. My cable will not work at all if the Antenna booster is ON (located behind/slightly below the tv inside). Probably the same as the amplifier he's referring to. It's weird!
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarland48 View Post
Ditto. My cable will not work at all if the Antenna booster is ON (located behind/slightly below the tv inside). Probably the same as the amplifier he's referring to. It's weird!
The antenna booster switch has 2 functions. It turns on and off the booster circuitry. AND it switches the input to the TV between the antenna OR the cable input.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable