Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #1

Phone App to control RV

We've got a 2017 CC 36CK2 5th wheel. It has the handheld remote to control the jacks and awnings and there's also the built in Android tablet in the control cabinet. I downloaded the OneControl app for my Android phone and thought i could use it to control the rv functions. However, I could never seem to get it to connect. Now I'm not even sure my trailer has "OneControl". Anybody have this same trailer and app up and running?

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #2

We have the same situation, but we are trying to get the remote to work at all. We followed instructions to pair it. it seemed to be done correctly. But only lights up red , when I push any button.
That phone app I tried to. I am sure there isnt wifi in the RV . Like they ask you to hook up with wifi. Does your remote work at all ?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD-on the road again View Post
We have the same situation, but we are trying to get the remote to work at all. We followed instructions to pair it. it seemed to be done correctly. But only lights up red , when I push any button.
That phone app I tried to. I am sure there isnt wifi in the RV . Like they ask you to hook up with wifi. Does your remote work at all ?

Yes, the remote works. I just removed and reloaded the app and see that it has a wifi and bluetooth connection option. Not sure I've tried both options. I'm heading up to the storage yard to give it a try again. I also need to check the Android tablet that's in the control cabinet. I'm pretty sure that the on/off button is broke and I'll need to get a new tablet.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

I would like to just get the remote to work without the tablet for starters
Old 04-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
I would like to just get the remote to work without the tablet for starters
I hear ya. The leveler control pad on the outside of the trailer is flashing a red light (instead of green) and does not allow me to use the "autolevel" function. In order to reset it, I need to use the tablet to "abort" the error function. However, I think the tablet on/off button is broke and I won't be able to get the error cleared. I can still raise and lower the front jacks but can't autolevel the TT. Hate to have to the tablet out of a 2 month old trailer, but if that's what it takes, that's what will happen. Can we say "warranty"?

Old 04-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

I use my iPhone and the trailer wifi with great success. To clear the red light error you will need to go into the manual to move the rear leveler legs after putting the front landing gear down.
bajamike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Quote:

The OneControl emits it’s own WiFi signal. You should be able to see it on your phone in your WiFi settings. You should see MyRV_ followed by a series of numbers. This is the signal generated by your OneControl. Once you set your password, you should be able to connect with your OneControl through your app. My instructions are inside the cabinet over the kitchen sink. Once you find yours, follow the directions, and you should be able to connect. You use WiFi signal to connect, but that is not the same as internet connection.

I like the app because I can control most everything on my phone. When I drive up to the campsite at night, I can turn the lights on from the car. I can control the generator, lights, slides, and monitor all fluid and LP levels on the app. Once you figure it out, it is really nice.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #8

Our CC has the same wifi setup. A fast blink on the outside on our coach only happens when the batteries are low on charge. Love the remote function...
petroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #9

I can see the wifi when trying to setup the OneControl but I don't currently have the password. I'll have to dig out all the paperwork and manuals we got when we purchased the trailer and see if I can find the wifi password.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
Retired and Loving Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
I can see the wifi when trying to setup the OneControl but I don't currently have the password. I'll have to dig out all the paperwork and manuals we got when we purchased the trailer and see if I can find the wifi password.
Look around for a sticker with the information. I found two - one on the back wall of the cabinet over the kitchen sink and the other loose in the freezer door. Happy hunting.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
Look around for a sticker with the information. I found two - one on the back wall of the cabinet over the kitchen sink and the other loose in the freezer door. Happy hunting.
In the freezer??

Old 04-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #12
Retired and Loving Life!

Yep, in the freezer. It’s still there, too.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #13

About the only thing I can add is that on my wifi router is the login (userid/password) need for your smart phone connection.
For the remote device, the remote controller is located in the forward storage area (on my unit) and there is a manual you can download from LCI to re-program the remote if necessary, but I would call LCI customer service first.
With my experience the CC dealers don't know much about this subject.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #14

This entire thread makes me happy I have a single switch for my landing gear and 1 or two boards to level side to side. Fast, Easy, Cheap and reliable!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #15

We have a 2017.5 CC 34RL2 and use the OneControl app successfully on my Samsung phone.
Unless something has changed in the last few months, the only functions CC has enabled for the system, either on phone app or the mounted "tablet", is the level feature. There are no provisions for either device to control anything else on your trailer unlike the hand-held "remote".
I do find that with wifi enabled on my phone, and within range of the trailer, I do not get cell reception.
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
About the only thing I can add is that on my wifi router is the login (userid/password) need for your smart phone connection.
For the remote device, the remote controller is located in the forward storage area (on my unit) and there is a manual you can download from LCI to re-program the remote if necessary, but I would call LCI customer service first.
With my experience the CC dealers don't know much about this subject.
If you don't mind me asking, where is your wifi hub located?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:08 AM   #17

I have a 2018 34RL2 and am not seeing a WiFi signal. I notice in this thread people with 2017 34RL2 have this capability. Does anybody know if CC did away with this function for 2018? Haven’t found the password sticker anywhere yet. Thanks.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #18

We've got a 36CK2. I just gave up on the phone app. I could never find the wifi hub let alone the label with any kind of password. Good luck. I'd be interested to know where you find yours (if you do).:campf ire:

Old 05-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #19

I'm thinking the option isn't there on the 2018. Sounds like a good idea but the app is really low rated so it may have become more trouble than it was worth.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #20

The remote on our 2017 CC 38ERK lets us control lights, awnings, slides, front legs. Problem we have is remembering to use it..
petroo is offline   Reply With Quote