Old 06-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug39 View Post
Did either of you add the max air vent covers? Will they fit the 35 ik standard vents as well as the rain sensor vent?
These are AWESOME! Installed three on my 28RKX after waking up one morning to a wet floor. (I forgot to close the kitchen vent) Took me about 10 minutes per vent. There's a pic at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskhF8D1r

Old 06-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwppwc View Post
From the Ram website:
[ATTACH]111548[/ATTACH

I think my max payload is less because of the options I added like running boards and factory spray-in bedliner.
That's interesting because your payload sticker is nearly 300lbs less than what that site states.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #33

Here's the link to the 2015 Ram towing chart https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/tow...ing_charts.pdf. Your truck is on page 2 and it says 2360lbs. My door sticker says 2210lbs. I'm guessing additional options add weight and lower the payload but dropping nearly 400lbs is a lot. I don't see why that would excluded you from pulling a 5th wheel. Your limiting factor is your payload so just find one that has a pin weight less than your door sticker.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by httntheroad View Post
Day 1 washington to Wyoming border.day 2 Wyoming to mid nebraska. Day 3 mid neb to iowa/ Illinois boarder.finish up 7 hours tomorrow,rest then pdi,pdi,pdi.then relax taking 4 weeks traveling back.becomming reality now.Goodnight
Have you had any challenges with your refrigerator running off the inverter and the battery are just not seem to be cooling down two times that we've used it in that fashion... we noticed that the light on the inverter was yellow when we ran the inverter with a battery to power the refrigerator.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Have you had any challenges with your refrigerator running off the inverter and the battery are just not seem to be cooling down two times that we've used it in that fashion... we noticed that the light on the inverter was yellow when we ran the inverter with a battery to power the refrigerator.
I have the 33IK and have had no problems with inverter and fridge cooling. The yellow light is normal operation. It just indicates that the inverter is active and running on 12 volt (battery) power. When connected to shore power the LED is green which means the inverter is in standby with 120 vac pass through

Here is a link to the manual for what I have in my 33IK..

http://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conten...00-Manual1.pdf

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #36

Can't give you accurate info as I have 3 deep cycle 12 volt batteries with factory installed solar panels, and controller
Old 06-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I have the 33IK and have had no problems with inverter and fridge cooling. The yellow light is normal operation. It just indicates that the inverter is active and running on 12 volt (battery) power. When connected to shore power the LED is green which means the inverter is in standby with 120 vac pass through

Here is a link to the manual for what I have in my 33IK..

http://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conten...00-Manual1.pdf
Very helpful thank you
Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #38

Quote:
If I understand you are having issues with the fridge while towing? I don't know what your tow vehicle is but make sure the relay is installed for the charging circuit to the RV. I know on my F150 the relay was in a bag in the glove box.
You can check at your 7 way plug for 12v on the connector labeled for auxiliary power on the diagram refenced below . Look at this diagram and the 7 way RV style car side to see if you have 12 volts when TV is on.

http://www.triplecrowntrailers.com/a...ug-diagram.pdf

There have been some posts where others were having problems with the battery keeping up. I have the single 17 cu ft fridge and have run for over 12 hours on battery with a couple with a couple of hours of that time my TV was off and parked.

I always check the inverter whenever I stop, usually every 3 hours to ensure it is still running. The inverter does have a low voltage readout I think.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
If I understand you are having issues with the fridge while towing? I don't know what your tow vehicle is but make sure the relay is installed for the charging circuit to the RV. I know on my F150 the relay was in a bag in the glove box.
You can check at your 7 way plug for 12v on the connector labeled for auxiliary power on the diagram refenced below . Look at this diagram and the 7 way RV style car side to see if you have 12 volts when TV is on.

http://www.triplecrowntrailers.com/a...ug-diagram.pdf

There have been some posts where others were having problems with the battery keeping up. I have the single 17 cu ft fridge and have run for over 12 hours on battery with a couple with a couple of hours of that time my TV was off and parked.

I always check the inverter whenever I stop, usually every 3 hours to ensure it is still running. The inverter does have a low voltage readout I think.
Good info, thank you!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:13 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4dr View Post
Here's the link to the 2015 Ram towing chart https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/tow...ing_charts.pdf. Your truck is on page 2 and it says 2360lbs. My door sticker says 2210lbs. I'm guessing additional options add weight and lower the payload but dropping nearly 400lbs is a lot. I don't see why that would excluded you from pulling a 5th wheel. Your limiting factor is your payload so just find one that has a pin weight less than your door sticker.
Correct ~~ pulling SOME 5ers will work. Let's say that dry pin is 1750 (many 30 - 35' 5ers can be found in that range). Now add 1000# of stuff more if water is going to be carried so add 125#. My wife and I would add 310# and the dogs 50#. We have a few things in the bed and a cooler in the back seat add 150#. With nothing special 2385#. Not much to worry about there but that factory dry weight is probably 150# or more light to begin with. Still not too bad right? But how about if that dry hitch weight is 2000# which is probably 2200# to begin with? No need to stay with LITE models but I'd try to keep the listed pin weight down.
I'm not the weight police and have towed over by a couple hundred over in the past. Just so one knows what they are doing. The F250 with camping package did not even sag when towed 800# or more over a few miles for a friend with a problem once during an emergency. Would not do that normally.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote