Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #1

Possible CC Owner

We're long time RVer's and looking at replacing our 02 HR Presidential. Really have done alot of research and am down to 2 manufacturers both with Hung walls.
We've seen Cedar Creeks for years and really like them. We're narrowing down to the 36CKTS model. (Other Manufacturer is Lifestyles Luxury RV).

Questions on options;
Full paint or not? ( I see a partial option with full body clear coat)
Residential frig or 4 door? (Kind of like the residential)
Thermopane windows (Never had these and have been told will improve inside climate)
Gen Prep (Had this on the HR but never generator)
karpcbk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Plain Old Member

Personally, and I hope I don't get bashed on here for this, but I like the Lifestyle a little better. They didn't offer the bunk house, so CC / SB it was. I don't remember, but seems Lifestyle was quite a bit more $$. Either unit would be great really. Glad to see another hung wall fan.

Questions on options;
Full paint or not? ( I see a partial option with full body clear coat) Kind of up to you. We don't care for full paint any more after 2 motorhomes with it. To each his own on that one. I'll spend my money on upgrades and goodies.
Residential frig or 4 door? (Kind of like the residential) No doubt, I'd go with the residential fridge. Still working on the possiblity of gutting our Dometic for a small residential / inverter set up.
Thermopane windows (Never had these and have been told will improve inside climate) Had we ordered ours, we would've got them. Never had them, but have heard they're great. We have our single panes, most of them, insulated with reflective bubble insulation.
Gen Prep (Had this on the HR but never generator) I would, just in case you ever decide you want one. We needed as much cargo capacity as possible on ours, so don't have a generator. We use the 2 Honda EU2000 set up.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

Just did a double take and realized your new to the forum and that was your first post, so Welcome to the Forum. Great people here with plenty of knowledge.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #4

Thanks John. I like both Brands, Lifestyle is more pricey$$ Appreciate the info too.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
Plain Old Member

Just remembered why I kind of liked the Lifestyle better. The box tubed frame. I remember when they first came out, I went and looked at one at a show and saw the frame. It was the closest thing I could find built like our previous Mobile Scout with the Leland frame. It's obviously a full time unit, but not for full timing with kids like us.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #6

The wife and I love our CC. We have only had a few issues that were minor and or mistakes the previous owner did not take of. I would buy another CC..!

As far as options, get what you want or like cause after it is just a should have comment.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #7

Full paint: added cost for what?
Res fridge a must for long trips.
Gen prep? Don't have it.
Thermopane? Have them. Don't help. But, the darkened window are a must! Great sun reducer.
We have every option except : custom paint, washer/dryer and gen
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #8

Thanks. I've read where the full paint makes it easier to clean and extends the life. Though as pointed out $$$. Can buy many other options.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #9

Full body paint? It's up to you, yes for me. Yes to residential fridge, yes to thermo panes, I wish mine had gen prep and it's very expensive to add later.
Emmy, Madison and flower our 4 legged kids
maddogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #10

Full body paint - we like the looks of the newer models so not sure there is a lot of difference and as stated already adds cost.

Residential - Yes! We love it and it removes that problem of having propane fridge and thinking of possible fires.

Thermopane - don't have them so not sure if they help.

Generator Prep - The 38FL has limited storage so it was an easy decision to not have the generator prep - if there was a different floor plan for the DW then we might have added it.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #11

Residential fridge & generator depends on if you boondock or not. Full paint is a cosmetic thing. I always prefer dual pane windows.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We are looking at the next upgrade in a few years ourselves. The DR suites is nice but I found cabinetry was cheaper than CC was we looked. You are in the high end bracket and I would look at the Rushmore line by Crossroads as well, found the finishes better than the DR.
Generator prep for sure. Our option is dual fridges, not double door. We travel often where we would not have power and running a generator would be forbidden.
When looking do not forget to think of places you will camp, RV court, national parks etc that may dictate the options

Brian
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #13

Welcome!

Full paint or not? We bought our CC off the lot. I would not have paid for full paint. That said, we love it. It's beautiful. Question is...how long will it last? I'd hate to have to pay for re-painting.
Residential frig or 4 door? (Kind of like the residential) We will NEVER again have a camper without the residential refer. So much room and it works so much better. However, we do not dry camp. If we did, we would have to have the propane refer.
The
rmopane windows (Never had these and have been told will improve inside climate) How can they not help? Just like in your S&B home, it adds a layer of insulation between outside and inside. Besides that, you don't get the moisture build up on the windows. At least we have not, yet. I'm sure if it is cold enough outside, you will still get some. We like our thermopane windows.
Gen Prep (Had this on the HR but never generator) We have the prep, but don't know if we will ever use it. The generators are very pricey and we would only need it for a power outage in a campground. That doesn't seem to happen too often.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #14

Agree on generator prep. Few people in TT's or fifth wheels use them. If your goal is to travel and spend a lot of time dry camping or traveling to rally events, well, maybe the investment is worth it. Many choose to go with the Honda or Yamaha portable, light weight , units with a parallel cable . For about $2400 you can have the quiet generator power you are looking for. When you discover you no longer use it, EZ resale.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #15

get the windows and heat pump

We have a 2014 CC Cottage 40CRS on the river in a campground. Today it was in the 50s and the heat pump made it nice and comfortable inside. The thermal window cut down on noise and help heating and cooling efficiency. We were look for a 5th wheels and had a Redwood picked out, the Lifestyle rv is in the same class befor you pull the trigger check them out 2 year warranty. Since we are on a permanent site so a Destination trailer fits our needs plus we like the 102 wide makes it roomy. Good luck. Lay-tire
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote