Old 02-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #11
In 3 months of use I have 2 bad lights in the bathroom of our 40crs!

walljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #12
Could someone please post a picture and model number of the defective lights?

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #13
7 Year Class A RV'er
Not sure what brand these are, but they use ITC in the Legacy and Berkshire. Lots of issues with those dying, no fires that I've heard of. Trying to get mine replaced right now but they never said lifetime warranty. They won't send the parts out as warranty unless a dealer submits for them. I'm almost to the point if just buying another brand of light and dumping the originals!
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #14
Here's a link to my original post with photos. I'm not sure of the manufacturer other than they are standard issue on 2016's built March 0f 2015.
LED ceiling lights melting lenses
Cedar Creek Warranty Division will send replacements right to your door if you show photos, give VIN number, and ask. They seem to be the same and continue to put off quite a bit of heat.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #15
The design in the factory installed LED flush mounted lights that FR is using is a poor design because it uses a plastic mounting ring that holds the LED circuit board. All LED lights put off heat, which has to be dissipated or the light will get very hot from the heat buildup. The plastic mounting ring cannot dissipate the heat, which then results in the overheating problem of the LED circuit board. The good designed LED lights uses a metal mounting plate, which the LED circuit board is attached to. The metal mounting plate is usually made of aluminum, which is very good at dissipating heat and results in a cooler operating light. The other RV manufacturers are using the good designed LED light. My previous 5th wheel was a Keystone Apline which had LED ceiling lights with the metal mounting plates, and I never had a problem with any of those lights. FR states that the LED lights have a lifetime warranty, which is great, but not if they are going to replace the lights with the same poorly designed lights. If you leave the FR factory installed LED lights on for any length of time, it is only time before the light will burn out or fail by melting the mounting ring and cover plate. I just hope that someone does not have an RV fire.

JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote

led, light