Old 05-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
Former Full Timer

If I remember correctly, your inverter is directly under your bedroom. It would not take much to install a box in the bedroom and run a short length of 14/2 w-ground down to the inverter with a male plug on the end. You could run it up the washer drain chase. Just a suggestion to keep the bugs out.
My unit had 2 12v utility outlets. One in the bedroom and one outside just below the bedroom window where the exterior Thule mount and coax connector for outdoor TV use was located. You also have a 12V junction/fuse panel in the front garage which is also under you bedroom and easily accessible.
BTW, you explained just fine the first time just didn't know you don't have the 12v Jensen bedroom TV.

Edit: If you want to go low $ you could just run your extension cord up the washer drain chase and leave it there.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
I didn't know about the 4-6v batts. And to tell you the truth, even though I know you can get 12v by wiring them in series that's about all I know. If it were me, I might go and buy a 12v battery and inverter because I'm unsure how the inverter would work with your current setup. With all of the switches, the trailer inverter, etc. I'd be afraid to hook it into there because of all of that electrical and not being sure of the outcome. Maybe someone else has a better answer for you.
No I understood what you said, but you can always add a 12V outlet and plug in a 800 watt inverter to it. then plug your TV into that. ......

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #13

Our bedroom TV is 12 Volt - but I was planning on adding a 800-1000 W inverter in the basement for using the Sat Receiver. I am unsure how I will wire it right now. Possible that I will run wiring into a new circuit but not sure how yet.

I am going to run it direct through a battery cutoff switch from the main battery bank. (Hardwired)
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post
Our bedroom TV is 12 Volt - but I was planning on adding a 800-1000 W inverter in the basement for using the Sat Receiver. I am unsure how I will wire it right now. Possible that I will run wiring into a new circuit but not sure how yet.

I am going to run it direct through a battery cutoff switch from the main battery bank. (Hardwired)
Well your well on you way, you can add a socket outside cut in by the battery location and run it from there. I'm sure you will be able to do that and it would work out great for you, 800 watt would be plenty to make that work. Good luck and great idea. your not going to pull that many amps out of the bank doing it. Just 1 direct line.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, refrigerator