Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #1

Praise for the Cedar Creek folks!

I know that it is easy for everyone to complain about how and RV is made and supported by the manufacture. I will also praise the manufacture where praise is due.
We purchase this year a new 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL and took delivery in May of 2015. I have had this unit out for a couple of trips so far and the unit has performed flawlessly. There are some small warranty issue that the dealer is working on right now such as a loose backsplash tile and a plastic stop on the Lazyboy recliner that needs to be replace.
But what really blew me away was that we had broken two plastic drapery holders in the camper. My wife sent an e-mail to Forest River; Cedar Creek division asking for the dimensions of this part or the part number. So we could buy some to replace these broken drapery holders from e-bay or someone. Will we were gone on vacation with the family last week and when we got home there was a package on the door step from Cedar Creek. In this package were 6- plastic drapery holders shipped free of charge to us from Cedar Creek. We never asked for them since we broke them and this was our expense to replace.
So I thought I would mention this there are manufactures who will support the customer.

Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #2

Last year I got the Creek to close to a post and dealer wanted to charge me a outrageous price for the part plus more than $200 bucks for shipping, I called Cedar Creek and it only cost a little more than $200 from the factory. The dealer told me the factory would not ship to me, wrong. Cedar Creek overall has been a good camper and for the most part good to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
clr

One of the main reasons that I purchased a FR product was the customer support and the ability to purchase a part directly if needed. I had SOB before FR and they WOULD not sell a part under any conditions to a lowly customer. In fact since my dealer was not a SOB dealer he could not even get a part from them. My dealer has to have a SOB dealer order the part for him and then drive across town and pick it up! So much for their customer service. FR has outstanding customer service compared to most others.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #4

Soooo, your 2016 is under warranty. I have to ask, why would FR NOT send you the parts. You say you broke them, however, perhaps the batch was a weak plastic part.

They are sending me 2 shades that failed. One a string issue, the other is it is jammed and will not operate.
Yes, I also am on my 2nd year warranty.

I have to say Denise Davis has been a wonderful person to work with since our purchase. I had gel coat issues and she stepped right up and authorized repairs from a local huge dealership. My selling dealer is 1500+ miles round trip and albeit a nice guy; he would have had to farm the gel coat work out!

People like Denise are what sets FR apart in our view. At the Rally last year, every issue we had was corrected and she ensured we were pleased.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #5

I have to echo the same. Previously a keystone owner and customer service was let's say less than expected. I have worked with Jeff at CC and he has been fantastic great customer service. They have sent me a couple of parts under warranty and I have not had to take the RV to the dealer to sit on their lot while parts are delivered. My 2015 being 6 months old has had very little issues and none that I can't tackle myself. I have to say CC customer service so far has been outstanding!

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Soooo, your 2016 is under warranty. I have to ask, why would FR NOT send you the parts. You say you broke them, however, perhaps the batch was a weak plastic part.

They are sending me 2 shades that failed. One a string issue, the other is it is jammed and will not operate.
Yes, I also am on my 2nd year warranty.

I have to say Denise Davis has been a wonderful person to work with since our purchase. I had gel coat issues and she stepped right up and authorized repairs from a local huge dealership. My selling dealer is 1500+ miles round trip and albeit a nice guy; he would have had to farm the gel coat work out!

People like Denise are what sets FR apart in our view. At the Rally last year, every issue we had was corrected and she ensured we were pleased.
I guess I have a different view point on warranty issues/parts replacement. If the part failed due to other reasons; such as misuses or failed due to the owner’s negligence than the owner should step up and pay for the repairs and not the manufacture.
We were opening the rear shade in one case and the shade was caught on one end of the plastic drapery retainers. When the shade was opened it causing the plastic to fail. This to me is the owner’s responsibility to replace not Forest Rivers. That’s why I was impressed over this.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #7

That is great to hear, just purchased a 2016 33IK, only had it out once but fixing to haul this puppy for 6 trips in the next 8 weeks. Going to upgrade my hitch after this weekend trip. But that's for my comfort. Has anybody upgraded their pinbox with one of those trailair's.
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:26 AM   #8

Yes, and you will "enjoy the ride". Stuff does not bounce around in the rv! They have 3 models. Rated: good; better; best. I bought the best. Was factory installed on my 2015 33rl. Worth every $$.
That air bladder is ez to fill and holds air for a long time when traveling and parked. We spent a month in Florida recently and never needed to re air it to come home!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitiup View Post
That is great to hear, just purchased a 2016 33IK, only had it out once but fixing to haul this puppy for 6 trips in the next 8 weeks. Going to upgrade my hitch after this weekend trip. But that's for my comfort. Has anybody upgraded their pinbox with one of those trailair's.
I factory ordered the Trailair ride king pin box as SilverbackMEL stated this is will worth the extra cost. It helps to decouple the ride motion between the TV and trailer. Without this style of pin box or a air ride hitch the two vehicles are subject to the road surface dips and bumps which translate into an uneven ride in the TV.

I did install an aftermarket Trailair pin box on my old 318 SAB Cougar. This took about 45 min's and two people to install the pin box. I also changed out the existing mounting hardware to SAE grade 8 bolts and nuts with plated washers instead of using the grade 5 bolts and nuts that were on the trailer.

If you are going to upgrade the hitch try a HENSLEY AIR Ride Hitch this is the best of both worlds. Than you will not need to change out the pin box on the trailer.

See link below.
Hensley TrailerSaver Air-Ride 5th Wheel Hitches - Hensley Hitch | Sway Control
Old 07-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #10

Well took camper back to Camping World today to get part put on and for the second time it was the wrong part, that's 110 miles twice for the wrong part. One of the slide awnings topper had slid out and now camper has to go back for that plus the shower leaks at the bottom on shower door track and camper has to go back for that. DW said she was not going back, anyway it's just little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #11

Location: Jonesboro AR--Home of Arkansas State University and the Red Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitiup View Post
We did have the dealer upgrade the pinbox on our 2014 Silverback 33RL from the factory pinbox to a TrailAir pinbox...was trying to get away from a lot of that bumping and chucking that goes on pulling a 5th wheel....because of some other issues I later had to change to a slider hitch and they have much more movement in them that a straight stationary 5th wheel hitch....so, in my case, I cancelled out all that I had gained with changing to the TrailAir...wish I had my $1200 back.
2014-38nights/3500 mi; 2015-66nights/6260 mi;2016-44 nights/6106 mi;2017-65nights/6992 mi;2018-47nights/7376mi;2019-65nights/7825 mi;2020-59nights/4142mi;2021-39nights/3072 mi;2022-59-nights/6149 mi;2023-36nights/3001miles.
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #12

We also purchased a 2016 33ik had it on maiden trip in June, refrigerator would not cool below 45 degrees freezer just to 32. Thought bad refrigerator took back to dealer July 1 just picked it up today. In our case kudos to our dealer Stoltzfus RV the unit was installed totally incorrect at the factory.

They thru communication with Dometic completely rebuilt the area the refrigerator was in. The factory did not install any insulation above and on the sides, nor did they install the required baffles in the area of the top vent. The unit now cools to 0 in the freezer and 38 in the frig area.

The best part is they did this without yet receiving authorization from FR to do the repairs. The service manager said they were not going to have the unit sit there so they made it right and they will deal with FR. That really made an impression on us. But, now we are wondering what else may not have been built correctly and that maybe we got a Friday unit. Fingers are crossed that it might just have been the person who did the refrigerator was having a bad day.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek