Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Praises for Cedar Creek warranty service!

I have nothing to say but high praises about the Cedar Creek warranty service and customer support. Henry Sears has gone above and beyond to resolve a issue that I had with a Kitchen-aid French Door residential refrigerator. I would be remiss if I left out Ryan at Whirlpool. Kudos to all off you in helping to resolver my issue! It is anticipated that the dealer, Longview RV in CT will also help to resolve this matter! I will keep everyone informed of the outcome of my dilemma!
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #2

OK, I'll be the first to ask. What's the problem you are having with the refrigerator?
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #3

I had the Kitchen Aid french door residential fridge. It basically stopped working. Ryan at whirlpool (parent company of Kitchenaid), arranged for factory warranty service to come to my house. It took three visits and the fridge still did not work. Apperently the service guy only changed out parts each time without getting to the root of the problem. I guess just changing parts is his approach. Bottom line components of the sealed system were covered by manufacturer warranty. I will let you know how it gets resolved, but I am led to believe that the entire fridge will be replaced. The replacement is slightly wider, and the counter top will be trimmed by 1/4". Forest River will make it right. Based on the response that I have received, I am very happy with Cedar Creek and the Warranty service that I have received. I will let you know after it is resolved.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #4

I asked because last year I had problems too with a Whirlpool. The help I got from Cedar Creek was good but the hassle was with the service support from Whirlpool. Getting warranty service when you are not near a big city is next to impossible and the tech support wanted to keep repairing the same problem. By the way you hit the magic number of 3 service calls, after that they replace the unit. Whirlpool eventually replaced the unit. The whole episode ruined my opinion of them.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGREG View Post
I have nothing to say but high praises about the Cedar Creek warranty service and customer support. Henry Sears has gone above and beyond to resolve a issue that I had with a Kitchen-aid French Door residential refrigerator. I would be remiss if I left out Ryan at Whirlpool. Kudos to all off you in helping to resolver my issue! It is anticipated that the dealer, Longview RV in CT will also help to resolve this matter! I will keep everyone informed of the outcome of my dilemma!
I agree 100%. Mr. Sears helped me with a problem with my 2016 Silverback 29 RE. Very helpful and a pleasure to talk with.
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #6

Great service at Camping World in Columbia, Missouri

We traded our old Golf Stream Amerilite in for a 2013 Rock-wood 32 foot 5th wheel. We got a good deal. We camped out for two days before the unthinkable happened. We dropped it on the road.
Turns out the hitch CW installed was not properly set-up, TT smashed the tailgate and bent the side panels of our pick-up. This happened at a major intersection. The TT was not hurt except for a little trim that CW took care of.
CW worked with us in getting us set up at "Cotton Wood RV park" while they got parts for our pick up. CW then put a new bed, tailgate and an upgraded hitch on my girlfriends tow vehicle and painted it to match the cab ... all at CW's expense.
We want to thank Jonathan, Brian, Paul, Martha, and the whole crew at Columbia, Mo. Camping World for their quick reaction to our delema, their willingness to own-up to a mistake on their part, and for making it right. You just don't see that kind of service in today's world. I would highly recommend these guys to anyone anytime any day. They sure saved our bacon at a crucial time in our lives.
aviator42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #7

Good news! We got email from Henry Sears of Forest River and Ryan from Whirlpool. The replacement fridge will be delivered to the dealer by 12/29. The refrigerator that was installed originally is discontinued and they are replacing it with a newer model. Slight alterations need to be done to accommodate the 1/4" wider fridge, but no problem. Should be easy to trim the countertop 1/4". Well we got a call from the dealer that the fridge is in and we could bring it by there this am (12/24) so they could start to work on it on Monday 12/28. I feel that Forest River - Cedar Creek in particular, warranty department is awesome. Thank you so much Henry Sears, Ryan from Whirlpool and form one of the best service departments around, Longview RV in CT. They have a service manager that knows what he is doing, Joe Nero! Joe has one of the best service techs in the business as well. A shout out to Jay!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #8

Merry Christmas.....sounds like you have a great solution in your sights!
Have a FUN, trouble free camping year in 2016!!
🎄
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #9

Glad to hear someone is doing well or has been lucky with warranty aspects. We just needed a new valance for the window behind the dining table in our 31rk and after the order was sent, which I have a copy of, with correct color patter the unit sent was not only wrong size but wrong color pattern. So waiting on correct valance still and now to see what they will do about the cheesy lights over the dining table ( broke and feel down broke globe as wel as messed up the table wood).
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #10

Follow up. The refrigerator has been replaced with no significant alterations needed. Actually the newer model is nicer than the original installation. The dealer had me bring the 5th wheeler on Saturday am and the switch was ready for me Monday afternoon before the freezing rain hit Monday night. Nicely tucked in at home. Again great customer service from Longview RV in CT, Ryan from Whirlpool and of course from Henry at Cedar Creek!
Old 12-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #11

Sounds like a WINNER! Good luck in 2016 and beyond! 🎉
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #12

Glad to hear you were taken care of to your satisfaction.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:18 AM   #13

We have had great results from Cedar Creek warranty dept also!!
MURRAY5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:08 PM   #14

We have always had great warranty work at Cedar Creek, with two different Cedar Creeks we have been treated great and ordering parts, could not be more happy. I wish Wildcat had been as good with warranty work, we would have still had the Wildcat Sterling. But it was junk

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #15

What's the secret?

I'm glad some have had great warrentee response. What is the secrrt to get a response from CC? I have been unable to even get a phone call or response to emails. Very disheartening. Currently, the LED ceiling lights are failing. Getting awfully dark inside my 2015 38RD.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #16

Rollingdunder1 Have you contacted your dealer? I would think that would be your first contact.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:31 PM   #17

I have also had great luck with Cedar Creek service department. We had some issues while traveling across country and Cedar Creek found us places to have the issues repaired under warranty in various towns crossing the US.
Bbbarker194 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, service, warranty