Old 10-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #31
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpresser View Post
That's funny you should mention about the capture plate. Since yesterday I've been swapping emails with Kelly Ware of FR customer service and Garth Collins of Lippert (Trailair). I'll be ordering the 34RL2 with the Trailair pin box option and knew I needed to find out which model does FR use so that I can get the appropriate capture plate for my PullRite hitch. Kelly said contact Lippert and Lippert responded that FR needs to supply the information.

I also contacted Pullrite. They sent me photos of 3 possible Trailair models that FR is using for that trailer with the appropriate capture plate model # for each.

Seems like it would have been easiest for FR to just get a hold of someone at the factory and say, "hey what model of Trailair pin box do we put on the 34RL2's?". Maybe my mind works different than most.
Buy all three...send two back! lol

Old 10-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
For your situation to make any sense we have to assume that the local dealer was trying to make in excess of a $29,000 profit. In 40 years in the business and many years on the road working for a manufacturer, I don't know a dealer in the country who makes that kind of money on one sale. Yours obviously is a bad example because you have a local dealer who shouldn't be in the RV business to begin with and I don't care how long he has been in business. It's dealers like this (if your numbers are correct) that give a bad name to the business and create situations where people opt to travel out of state to purchase. I would have selected another brand from another local dealer before I would travel the distance you are proposing to save what at most should be the amount of the difference in freight. BTW if that dealer had sold that unit to you for a $29,000 profit the sales guy would have retired LOL. They are lucky if they net 5 to 6 thousand dollars on a unit of that kind. Unless someone just comes in and pays full sticker price in which case they have a huge party after work and laugh all the way to the bank.
OK, well it's clear that you know much more about my sales process and the prices than I do, so I will have to bow out.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Buy all three...send two back! lol
Pretty sure I just figured it out. I did a Google photo search of "cedar creek trailair pin box" and compared the photos I found to that of the photos Pullrite sent me. Looks like capture plate #331758 is the one I need.
2014 Denali 5th Wheel
Ordering a 2017 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34RL2
To My Wife: "Home is wherever I'm with you"
RJ Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #34
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Good deal..
Old 10-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #35

I bought 2 RVs from a dealer 43 miles away. They also get all the work I cannot or will not do. I buy at there store for a few pennies more. They know my name when I come in.
When I need something in a hurry they are on it. Normal maintenance an appointment is made and they get me in quickly. If you bought somewhere else they put you on the schedule with no priority. As expected and should be.

CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter