Old 12-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
problem silverback 29re

Hi all
i am posting on the forum because i am stuck with a few problems with my 5th wheel and this seemed the most logical place to get some answers
we imported a brand new silverback 29re last year to the united kingdom so as you can imagine warranty is not an option since ownership two major faults have occurred firstly the air con unit will run for anywhere between two minutes and two hours but sooner or later the trip switch inside the van will trip out ??? any ideas and the latest and best fault yet is the bathroom lights stopped working switched on and just cut out left them switched on and they cut in for a minute or two and then just cut out stayed off for a while then cut in and out occasionally at the moment they seem to have cut out completely every other light in the van works but the bathroom HELP where should i start looking other than that 5th wheel living is fun
many thanks

paulyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your new camper and so far away from the selling dealer. Was there any discussion with the selling dealer in regards to warranty work?

The A/C unit should have the manufacturer's warranty in place. You could try to contact them in the it a Dometic or Coleman A/C? When you say that it trips out, are you meaning the 120V breaker for the A/C unit in the power control panel?

The bathroom light sounds very much like a loose connection in the wiring. Can you look behind the light fixture for that...if all's good there, check for a loose connection at the switch.

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
If I remember correctly UK uses 240V-50hz-. How did you manage to convert this as the unit is using 110V -60hz appliances and equipment? Voltage conversion is relatively easy but changing hz requires huge and very expensive equipment.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
thanks for your help
it was a broken wire in the ceiling between the bath room and the hallway rejoined it and now we have lights in the bathroom
in ref to the voltage i dont know what they did i paid a local rv company to sort electrics i know there is a transformer box and some appliances were replaced
worldwide warranty with dometic to be honest isnt worth the paper its written on they sent an engineer out he scratched his head a few times said it wasnt a unit he was used to and could offer no help
all the joys of 5th wheel ownership
thanks again
paulyt is offline   Reply With Quote