Old 01-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

Problem with Invertor / Refrigerator Wiring

With all the complaints that seem to be posted, I thought a Thank You may be nice to post when deserved. I had a problem with the refrigerator/invertor circuit in our '16 SilverBack 29RE. When we started out for our 1st break-in trip to Hilton Head, SC over the holidays, I discovered that the invertor circuit was not supplying power to the receptacle feeding the refrigerator, instead it was connected the microwave. What a bummer! So I removed the refrigerator plugged in an extension cord from the microwave receptacle to the refrigerator, then plugged another extension cord from the receptacle behind the refrigerator. This allowed me to plug the refrigerator to the microwave while underway and then reconnect to shore power upon arriving at the campsite. It worked. On the way home, I stopped by Camping World in Fayetteville, NC to see if someone there may have a quick fix, no luck unless we wanted to leave it for several weeks. Instead, I emailed CC Support and received a call from Jeffery Holmes right away. He told me that the connectors in the slide may have gotten switched, and where to find the connectors. That in fact was the problem, on hour later (after removing the stove and refrigerator and putting them back) the problem was solved and we are back in proper operation. This saved me a 325 mile (one-way) trip and back to take it to the dealer. Thanks to Jeffery for a fast resolve.

Crew/6.5 Bed
Pullrite Superglide
Duramax/Allison
Busybeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #2

Glad you got the problem fixed. Really sounds like something the dealer should have caught during the dealer prep and PDI. Thanks for the heads up, something I will definitely check during our PDI.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

You know this is indicative of the RV industry.

It appears nothing goes through a system check, build em sell em build another sell another.

Itís scary to watch youtube with all the workers flying through the process of building a trailer because it looks like they get paid by the piece with little or no concern for quality of the end product.

Most if not all of the industry has set a very low bar, they are very satisfied with it and we as the consumer just put up with it.

This and a myriad of things could have easily been caught and corrected at either the factory or dealer prior to delivery.

Itís easier for us to just fix it ourselves than go through the gauntlet of having warranty work done which again should have been caught prior to delivery.

What happened here is all to frequent, you go hand somebody 50-60-70 thousand dollars hook it up and head down the road with the new trailer only to find out one of the critical functions doesnít work as needed so you spend time and discover what the problem is and rig together a solution or now. You think it would be a good idea to take it in to a repair facility and they say fine but it will be many weeks before we look at it and the dealer you gave all that money to a few weeks ago says the same thing. You end up getting on the phone and calling somebody at corporate who says the problem is most like thisÖ.

Finally you go in take apart the trailer and fix something that should of 1 never happened or 2 been caught prior to delivery. Then we toast the guy who told us how to fix a problem we should've never had.

Busybeavers, my apology to you for using your post for my rant about the RV industry, please do not think any of this is aimed directly at you but this is aimed at all of us including myself because we tolerate it.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
at all of us including myself because we tolerate it.

This right here... Best response to any quality concerns.

We continue to buy, so why would they change?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #5

On My Soap Box!

[QUOTE=DKRITTER;1079178]You know this is indicative of the RV industry.

I am not thin skinned as some on the forum, and I can't agree with you more! We are paying out a very large amount of money, only to find that "if you want to have it right, do it yourself" and still pay the high amount. Cedar Creek is putting out 15 units a day! So, charge me $200 more for the unit and only put out 12 detail checked units. But then you can not ONLY blame the manufactures, the dealers are the worst! You can at least call CC and get some answers, try that with a dealer! In most cases I would prefer to repair it myself, at least the unit does not have to be hauled 300 miles, sit for 6 weeks and then come back to get it - to find that it is still not corrected, or worse, they messed up something else. The PDI's are a joke! I still have an "I Owe You" paper for items that were going to be sent to me for replacement, 8 weeks later, I STILL have not seen them! OK, I need to calm down, blood pressure getting high again... So, DK, it is OK to state the things that are not correct, if the car manufactures worked in this manner, they all would be out of business!
Crew/6.5 Bed
Pullrite Superglide
Duramax/Allison
Old 01-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #6

I agree with everything said. Quality control is horrible on these units that we pay so much for. I would add this; Offer a tire upgrade option to the Goodyear G614's. I would be willing to pay more to be able to start out with tires other than the chinabombs. This could even be a dealer upgrade. I have not had a problem...so far...with the oem tires, but I only have a couple thousand miles on them. My previous trailer had greenball tires which were of the worst quality I have ever owned. I got as little as a couple hundred miles out of two of them. I was just glad the set made it tot he dealer when I traded the trailer in for the one I have now. Within the next year, I will be installing the GY's on this trailer. To the op, I'm glad your problems were resolved easily and "relatively" conveniently. When I got our 29RE home, I hooked everything up and started "problem by problem" going through and fixing them. Wasn't expensive, but sure took some time. The upside is that I know a lot more about my trailer than I would have otherwise.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
I agree with everything said. Quality control is horrible on these units that we pay so much for. I would add this; Offer a tire upgrade option to the Goodyear G614's. I would be willing to pay more to be able to start out with tires other than the chinabombs. This could even be a dealer upgrade. I have not had a problem...so far...with the oem tires, but I only have a couple thousand miles on them. My previous trailer had greenball tires which were of the worst quality I have ever owned. I got as little as a couple hundred miles out of two of them. I was just glad the set made it tot he dealer when I traded the trailer in for the one I have now. Within the next year, I will be installing the GY's on this trailer. To the op, I'm glad your problems were resolved easily and "relatively" conveniently. When I got our 29RE home, I hooked everything up and started "problem by problem" going through and fixing them. Wasn't expensive, but sure took some time. The upside is that I know a lot more about my trailer than I would have otherwise.
Amen to that! I am getting very knowledgeable with this 29RE, the first thing I had to fix was the pendent lighting, easy fix, just took them apart, purchased 2 new ones that we really liked better from Lowes, put them back together with epoxy in the threads and fender washers to secure the globes. That fixed the problems. So, I figure that I can do a better repair job than most of the guys at the dealer. Besides, I will take my time and do it right, the first time.

Crew/6.5 Bed
Pullrite Superglide
Duramax/Allison

Tags
refrigerator, wiring