Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #1

Propane regulator?

I have a 2018 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE. If the oven is heating, the stove burners will barely light and will stay lit only on low. I thought this might be normal, but in talking to people with different RV's have been told that it isn't.

I know that most of the brands use the same or similar stove so I'm wondering if it's an issue with the propane regulator or propane lines.

Does anyone else have a similar problem, or suggestions for fixes? It's still under warranty but I'm currently staying in it while working a job far from home so dropping it off at a dealer for service isn't an option.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

I would call the dealer that you purchased from and tell them that you are out on the road and need service, and CANNOT bring the unit back to their shop. Make them do a service call.

The dealer we bought from will (or, they said they will) do service calls for major issues, either themselves, or via a mobile service company, depending on where you are. You may have the same service available to you under your warranty.

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
If you can, look around in back or underneath. You may have a pinched or crimped propane line. If rubber hose type connection, try to straighten. Copper, flexing to uncrimp, may cause a leak.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #4

I think this is a problem with your stove/oven and not the propane regulator. The propane regulator is located at the tanks and then the propane is distributed to all of the other devices that use propane. Such as the water heater, furnace, stove and RV fridge if equipped. Do any other of these devices exhibit abnormal behavior? if they do not than it is the stove/oven and not the propane regulator.

My personal opinion if the oven is overheating at a set temperature and the stove burns do not have a high flame on high than I would have the stove/oven looked at. This is a safety issue in my very humble opinion with the propane being delivered and regulated by the stove/oven controls.

Since you can't deliver the trailer back to the dealer since you are living in this trailer for work I would request a mobile RV repairman to repair the stove/oven. Have the dealer furnish one or get authorization from the dealer and or Cedar Creek to hire your own repairman with reimbursement from them.

Let us know if this issue gets resolved!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
Multi-Slacker

Since you cannot return the trailer to the selling dealer you should immediately start the process of obtaining mobile repair approval. Once you have that approval then call the tech you should already have sussed out and get it fixed.

Tags
propane