Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #1

Prospective owner questions

We currently own a 38' fifth wheel by sob and are considering ordering a new Cedar Creek and have a few questions for you knowledgeable folks. 1)We have DirecTv HD with a swm lnb and had to run a new rg6 cable into the back of the trailer because the factory satellite wiring is incompatible with our setup. Our unit is a 2010 model. On the new units, are they compatible with swm DirecTv setups? I just hear it "should" work. We're looking at the 36ckts. 2)Is the converter a Progressive Dynamics with Charge Wizard? 3)Are there zirk fittings on all of suspension pivot points or just the center flex points? 4)Is there a need to "quiet" the water pump? 5)The 1 1/4" rear hitch looks pretty wimpy. Anyone have one fabricated? We had one fabricated on our present trailer to carry our hitchhaul. It carries a Yamaha generator bolted to it, a 43(?) gal blue dump tank, and a 2" reciever welded to the bottom of it for our Swagman bike rack... We really like the looks of the full body paint but I think the gel coat looks pretty nice not to mention WAY less money....We've been rv'ing for about 15 years, the last 4 as retirees, spending around 5 months/year in our 5'er. We want to go full time for several years as we're tiring of house maintenance, yard work, you know, the ownership stuff. We're glad to be members of this board and look forward to making an order sometime this year.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #2

Here are some SOB (Factory Failures) one had (2) 2" rec.on it both units are (Bent)! If you had your present hitch installed and it has a (Cargo Platform/with a Rec.for a Bike Rack welded on the bottom of it also) then I would return to that Shop to have them Fab and install your hitch for the (New CC)! And please post Pics. after the Install! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4484.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	382.3 KB
ID:	69210   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4481.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	69211  

Old 02-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #3

I'll get some pics of what we had done on ours. It was pricey but I think you could hang a Harley on it. Paid around $700. All welded to the frame... I did notice the wimpy factory hitch is welded as well.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil View Post
We currently own a 38' fifth wheel by sob and are considering ordering a new Cedar Creek and have a few questions for you knowledgeable folks. 1)We have DirecTv HD with a swm lnb and had to run a new rg6 cable into the back of the trailer because the factory satellite wiring is incompatible with our setup. Our unit is a 2010 model. On the new units, are they compatible with swm DirecTv setups? I just hear it "should" work. We're looking at the 36ckts. 2)Is the converter a Progressive Dynamics with Charge Wizard? 3)Are there zirk fittings on all of suspension pivot points or just the center flex points? 4)Is there a need to "quiet" the water pump? 5)The 1 1/4" rear hitch looks pretty wimpy. Anyone have one fabricated? We had one fabricated on our present trailer to carry our hitchhaul. It carries a Yamaha generator bolted to it, a 43(?) gal blue dump tank, and a 2" reciever welded to the bottom of it for our Swagman bike rack... We really like the looks of the full body paint but I think the gel coat looks pretty nice not to mention WAY less money....We've been rv'ing for about 15 years, the last 4 as retirees, spending around 5 months/year in our 5'er. We want to go full time for several years as we're tiring of house maintenance, yard work, you know, the ownership stuff. We're glad to be members of this board and look forward to making an order sometime this year.
Yes
No
No
No
Yes. But I would never put a generator back there.
my CKTS is nin years old and has been perfect all that time. I finally had to do some routine items this year