Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #21
Krusing Since 1975

Send a message via Yahoo to skydoctor
Have 2014 Silverback 37BH. Makes the 5th one. CC is good
skydoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly View Post
Spock123, did I understand you to say Camping World bought out Tom Johnson? Which location?

Both locations, the name will stay Tom Johnson but they will put Camping World retail stores there. It has already been changed, they are using C/W extended warranty now and use Good Sam for financial. I heard when I was there that no one from Tom's side wanted to run and Gary wanted to retire and a whole lot of money was offered. I heard C/W brought out Dandy's RV in Alanta GA. Money talks, before long it will just be C/W

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #23

Well, maybe the service will get better in Concord now. Wait, since CW owns them now, I can get service in Raleigh. 1 1/2 hrs closer........
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #24

I take my Cedar Creek to Camping World in Fayetteville NC, it was Hawley's, I think I spelled it right. Anyway it always gave me good service and it still does, better service than Tom Johnson and only fifty miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmetto rogue View Post
We have a 2013 Silverback and had a full page list of plain stupid not caring quality issues- wiring, cabinetry doors binding, rusty underframe, screws left out, junk in black water valve from the factory, mislabeled and miss wired breaker panel, TV antenna wiring not working, light switches not located in area that operate or in utility panel, etc etc. We bought in Ohio for price and live in South Carolina and dealer service here was terrible. The dealer said it received very low reimbursement rates for repairs and the work reflected that. Wound up resolving all the issue myself as none were major. I also visited the factory and saw no issues with units under construction and the people there seemed proud of their work. I do know that this is any different from other manufacturers.
Have a 2014 31RK with a long list of things wrong. Some were half way fixed and others. Under warranty. We went to a dealer in South Texas where we are spending the winter. Would not work on if they did not sell it. Another said he would do the work if he got the parts. Said Forest River pays little and takes a long time to get the money. Warranty does not pay service call. Suppose to get new steps delivered this next week and they are sending someone to fix them and the black water cable that broke. We have complained about this from the start. I am sure it has junk in it. The frig is another whole deal. Never has worked right. Told dealer today we are done. Will be getting rid of it when we get home.
Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, fifth wheel, quality, wheel