Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #1

Question about silverback!

My son is thinking about buying a silverback- my question is are the slides and front jacks electric over hydrolic or just electric? Thanks

Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #2

I currently own a FR Wildcat, it has electric jacks and hydraulic slides. I just traded for a Silverback 29RE. I am not sure about the jacks, but I know the slides are hydraulic. There is a control panel (with valves) so you can control which slides open.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #3

Should be as Papa Smurf said. Electric jacks, hydraulic slides. They work just fine. Only suggestion I would make, if this is a new unit, be sure to get the individual slide control valves.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #4

we have the silverback 29 re. it has the elec jack in front and we order the elc jacks for the rear love the 29 re 2011. have the control for each slide out
t.l.t.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #5

Any thoughts on adding a small freestanding island with locking wheels. Would like a little more counter space in the 29RE. Most of the time we're parked at the lake so wouldn't have to worry about traveling with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

We looked at an Open Road 357RES which is basically the same floor plan as the 29RE, only flat top slides instead of cathedral ceiling. It had the rolling island. We liked it a lot, but decided to see if we really needed the extra counter space before we made a purchase from JC Penney's for a nice portable island. They stored it between the table and sofa, with hooks in the floor at the wall for securing. They hooked the strap on the sofa side, pushed the island into the space, brought the strap up around the handle and back down to the floor on the table side, then cinch the strap. They then stacked the dinning chairs on the window side of the table with one inverted into the other.

The one we looked at had just arrived from the factory, so the dealer had not unpacked it yet. I paid particular attention to how they secured the island for travel. I had almost completely decided on the 29RE, but thought I may want to copy the island in the future.