Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to dduncan Send a message via AIM to dduncan Send a message via Yahoo to dduncan
Questions about 34RL

We are looking at this unit to buy. Would like to know if adding the third AC unit changes the height of the unit? Also where is everyone putting their Direct tv receiver? No cabinet above TV and cabinets on sides not wide enough. Is there an option for stove top only, without oven? We would be using the convection microwave for baking.
Thanks for help
dduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

I own a 2016 34RL CC so I can answer some of your questions.

First one. I did not know that the 34RL even offered a third A?C unit. It was not on our order sheet as an option. Our unit has the two A/C's and they are ducted together. This keeps the trailer cool and comfortable for us in the summer. We shut the front unit off at night and run the fan continuously on the rear unit at night to move the air. This keeps the trailer comfortable for sleeping. Height of the front A/C from the ground line to the top is 13'-6" max at least on my trailer.

Second one. We have Dish, we place the receiver on the shelf under the TV. It does over hang a little, but the unit stays put. I do put the receiver away when traveling so the unit dose not bounce around and damage the trim and wood.

Third one. This was not an option on the price list that I had for my model year 2016. You can use the stove for storage cabinet.

I would also suggest that you look into ordering the optional curbside 12' awning for your trailer. This is one option I wished I had ordered for my unit. This will shade the dining area and provide more seating area when outside.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #3

We have a 2017 34RL2 (34RL dropped for 2017) and although I don't have Direct TV there is enough room to put the receiver under or slightly behind the bottom of the TV.
Unless you live in Death Valley or plan on hanging meat, I would say the 2 A/C units will do fine. There are blackout shades that block all sunlight and really reduce the heat.
I would highly recommend the comment above on getting the 2nd optional slide awning. It will cool down the curbside of trailer and provide a much larger shaded outside sitting area.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #4

I have a 17 38el. I added the 3rd ac.The height is not an issue. I added it because it adds the electric management system. I also added the heat pump on main ac, keeps you from using lpg on the cool nights.
I would also agree to add the extra awning on slide.
I have Directv and the receiver fits snug under the tv on the shelf.
As to the stove. You will have a learning curve with it. It cleans up real easy.
If you buy one I know you will love it, we love ours.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to dduncan Send a message via AIM to dduncan Send a message via Yahoo to dduncan
Thanks for everyones help. It helps alot
dduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #6

CC 34RL

I have a 2016 34rl, For my Directv receiver, I put it into the lower left cabinet, drilled a hole in the cavity where the fireplace is and ran the cable to the receiver. Inside the cabinet is a HDMI plug that goes to the tv. The only downside is the door needs to be open to use the remote.
timerie is offline   Reply With Quote