Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

Location: Jonesboro AR--Home of Arkansas State University and the Red Wolves
Quick response from Cedar Creek

We needed replacement parts for our 2014 Silverback 33RL and contacted Nick Hale, the Cedar Creek/Silverback Customer Service rep....great and prompt response to our needs....Parts were delivered quickly....just a shout out for the Cedar Creek team.
2014-38nights/3500 mi; 2015-66nights/6260 mi;2016-44 nights/6106 mi;2017-65nights/6992 mi;2018-47nights/7376mi;2019-65nights/7825 mi;2020-59nights/4142mi;2021-39nights/3072 mi;2022-59-nights/6149 mi;2023-36nights/3001miles.
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #2

I found similar good experience as well. The last 3 things on my to do list will be handled at The Rally in 2 weeks 👍.

Denise Davis has been great to work with.

Only had 2 issues, and then, and then, along came Jones and broke my rear stabilizer unit. Figured we needed 3 items😂. Would have been ok with 2 😁.

If you cannot figure the meaning of my comment, then you are blessed to be young!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #3

I’ve owned RV’s for many years, but I’ve only been a CC owner for about a year and a half. After an extremely dismal first year, things have turned around to where I can enjoy ownership and take off on a trip without dealing with some issue(s). I too have had good personal support from CC when I needed parts since my dealer was useless, but I have a comment about always hearing about “we’ll get it fixed at the rally”.
1. With bunches of posts about “getting it fixed at the rally” … just how big of an army is there available at the rally to do all this work or is some of it scheduled after first look?
2. I guess if you live close to the rally … it’s a great opportunity for a free fix … but what about if you live 12 plus hours away and still punch the ole time clock?
3. Doesn’t a goodly number of owners streaming to a rally to get their unit repaired seem to take away from the rally and cast a bit of a black eye on CC and FR’s quality in anyone’s eye?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #4

My take on this. Cedar Creeks are the higher end of the FR product line and because of this many are sold to full timers. Everyday living in an RV and traveling will cause things to break. Also, an RV can be absolutely perfect when it leaves the factory but the trip to the dealership over terrible highways can cause things to loosen and even break. This is especially true, but not limited to, the Interstates in Indiana and Illinois. Screws and staples can loosen or fall out due to road vibration. That’s just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I’ve owned RV’s for many years, but I’ve only been a CC owner for about a year and a half. After an extremely dismal first year, things have turned around to where I can enjoy ownership and take off on a trip without dealing with some issue(s). I too have had good personal support from CC when I needed parts since my dealer was useless, but I have a comment about always hearing about “we’ll get it fixed at the rally”.
1. With bunches of posts about “getting it fixed at the rally” … just how big of an army is there available at the rally to do all this work or is some of it scheduled after first look?

Because of the large number of CC that attend the rally, CC sets up a huge tent to house parts and provide shade and refreshments for the huge number of repairmen and technicians. The majority of the CC RVs will be put on the infield of the race track.
All the other factories send their repairmen and techs to the rally too. Yes, it is an army of workers and I don’t know how FR manages to continue producing RVs during this time frame.

2. I guess if you live close to the rally … it’s a great opportunity for a free fix … but what about if you live 12 plus hours away and still punch the ole time clock?

If you still punch the time clock and live a long distance then I guess those folks need to take a lot of their vacation time. I think this is probably why there are so many retired RVers at the rally.

3. Doesn’t a goodly number of owners streaming to a rally to get their unit repaired seem to take away from the rally and cast a bit of a black eye on CC and FR’s quality in anyone’s eye?

A black eye on CC and FR quality? Quite the contrary. As I said in the first paragraph things break as they get used, it happens. To Forest River’s credit they are willing to fix these things FREE of any charges for parts or labor and regardless of the age of your unit. In my opinion this shows Forest River’s strong commitment to customer care. This applies to all of the RVers manufacturered under the Forest River umbrella, Coachmen, Dynamax, Palomino, Prime Time, and Shasta.
In my opinion you have to experience the Goshen Rally first hand to believe it.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

Like you pointed out ... I'd probably just need to be there someday. I'm a bit younger and using vacation time on a rally has a low priority ... that will change once retired. I appreciate your answers on the first two ... the last one I'll agree on FR's commitment to customer care and willingness to repair units on their own dime, but reading volumes of posts here, several seem to show up with new rigs needing quality of build issues worked over ... that part smacks of a black eye to me. Again ... thanks for giving me a bit of insight as to the rally.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #6

There is no question some units leave the factory with serious issues but I think it’s a very small minority. You can’t really form a valid opinion by what you’re reading on these forums because of human nature. When something goes wrong, almost everyone will complain and in some cases complain very loudly. If everything goes right, very few take the time to write out a compliment or say how great everything is. Believe me, I know. I worked in a customer service industry for 30 years.

Think about this. I believe Cedar Creek completes 10 units per day, 5 days a week. That’s 200 units a month. They have been making Cedar Creeks since 1996 so run the numbers on that and then go back on this forum and count the number of members that have complained about their Cedar Creek, Cottage, or Silverback. You might find this hard to believe but the vast majority of Cedar Creek owners and RVers in general don’t even belong, or know about, the various RV Forums. They are the ones who are happy with their rigs and go camping and traveling and we never hear from them.

Keep in mind that RVs are built by humans and yes, mistakes are made, and some are real doozies. But like I said, I think they are rare. I do have a very strong opinion on why some of the mistakes are made but I’m not going into that because it would touch on a subject that would get this thread closed or deleted. I formed this very strong opinion after taking three separate tours of the Cedar Creek plant.

I’m in my fifth season with my Silverback and all issues have been very minor. So minor in fact that I have always waited to get them fixed until the Goshen Rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #7

Rally

The Rally is GREAT. Not everyone attends for repairs.
The cost of the Rally and travel exceeds by far the benefit of repair. The FIX is a customer service add.

The benefits for FR customer loyalty outweigh the repairs.

Like any product, once the factory warranty ends, they only have limited liability.

Our second Rally in 3 years. Looking forward to FUN IN AMISH COUNTRY AGAIN!

Safe travels to those attending!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #8

I have had nothing but good experiences with the Cedar Creek Division. From the sales dept. to warranty and customer service. This is one of the better rv companies.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #9

I purchased my first CC in May from Camping World in Mesa. On my trip back home we found a running light at the top of the unit was missing and covered with tape. Camping World said they would send me one which did not happen (surprise) I called CC service and they immediately provided the light, sending it fedex. Can't say enough about CC's service department. Also can't say enough bad about sales people who don't care about you after the sale.
timerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:20 AM   #10

I have nothing but good things to say about the Cedar Creek factory Warranty and Service Department. Denise Davis is an absolute angel and gets things done as well as being responsive. And she couldn't do her job without George having her back. Dealers?? -- can't say the same!
Jordyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:24 AM   #11

Smile RV Service

I have had a number of RV's in the last 40 years, so buying from a Dealer that is known for great service is a key issue to address before you purchase. I have been in the Automotive Service business almost all of those years myself and know what great customer service we should all expect to receive.
I can tell everyone that has a Flagstaff or Rickwood product that you will receive exceptional service at the Factory in Millersburg, if your local dealer will not resolve your repairs. They are the best I have dealt with. Great service! It is worth the trip and experience in the Amish community to get your repairs done.
Tske a factory tour while there and be even more amazed with your RV production process.
I can't say enough on how great Froesst River is!
speedozeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #12

We only had one manufacturing boo boo and that was the rear AC was installed about 1 inch too far forward which caused the condensate to drip into the RV. The ceiling fan only worked on one speed, but that is a supplier issue. Both items were fixed quickly by our dealer, Dick Gore RV in Jacksonville, FL. I can't say enough good things about Cedar Creek or my dealer. Both are great.
A short while ago, I broke the exterior light lens over the door. I taped it on, but the wind must have ripped it off while we were traveling. I called Cedar Creek to order one and fully expected to pay for it. However, they sent me the whole light fixture for free!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek