Old 07-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I wonder why Cedar Creek would put a back up camera on the camper that Furrion says is only good for 30ft?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

My camper is 35ft plus when truck is hooked up can add 15 more ft to that, I think I have found out how to make the camera work right, turn the truck around to face back of camper, works then. I checked on Furrion web site and it says for trailers up to 30ft, the next model is for 100ft but 100 bucks more. You would think Cedar Creek would know better

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:57 AM   #32

You have to wonder. Mine did not work either. I opened it up and changed the antenna location. It now sticks out the top and works better. Certainly not perfect but better. If purchasing one I would look elsewhere. $300 is way too much for something that doesn't work correctly.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #33

Cheap camera, WHY?

Here's WHY:
1. CHEAP
2. They can claim it is a GREAT FEATURE.
3. CHEAP
4. Same as Chinese STUPID TIRES
5. CHEAP
6. Same as dog hair filled mattresses
7. CHEAP
Old 07-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #34
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

This message below previously posted is no longer valid. I switched to Furrion Model 48, the higher power, single cam observation set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
I have the Furrion on my 2016 Wildcat and it works full time with caveats. As a pseudo-rear view mirror when traveling, the images are too slow and sometime freeze. I understand this is correctable if I add a remote antennae mounted near the front of the 5er roof. The image being reversed or not is a correctable setting just check the menu.

Lastly, the Furrion supports 2 cameras. A second camera is available from Furrion for $75. I put the second camera in the back of the cab so I can see when hooking up. On a long pull, I place the second camera in the window at the back of the 5er. I've learned the high mounted camera #1 is really pointed more and the immediate ground behind the trailer which is great for backing up but not so good if you want to use it as a pseudo rear-view mirror (angle is too steep downward). By placing my second camera in the trailer back window, I can adjust the angle to give me an image that more like what you would see in a rear-view mirror.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #35

I called up Cedar Creek and was told that Cedar Creek did not install the camera, they installed the wiring, the dealer installed the camera. Who is right?

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #36
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

If the camera is ordered from the factory, only the wiring is done and the mount bracket installed. This allows the factory to insure that the bracket and wire holes are properly sealed. The camera in it's retail box is shipped inside the trailer along with the Televisions and remotes. Actual installation of the camera into the bracket is done as part of the dealer's prep. You remove the 4 tiny screws that hold the cover plate on the bracket and then use those same 4 tiny screws to hold the camera in. The camera basically takes the place of the cover plate. By the way, it is so easy, anyone could do it in about 5 minutes. I've taken mine down and installed the upgraded model and it literally took longer to take it out of the box than to mount it in the factory installed bracket.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #37
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Most new TT come camera ready bracket and wiring done at factory. The dealer is the one messing up. When I bought my new TT they ask me if I wanted to add the system I said yes but was not told there was more than one choice. They sold me the cheapest one which they had to order and I could bring the TT back to install or I could do my self. So I saved a $100 as I installed the system. The camper place had the camera shipped straight to my house. Now my tt is 35 ft so it is really not the right model to use for my camper but the dealer never mentioned that I would need the other model.

bottom line is need to ask dealer which model will work for your length of camper. Mine works but they need to make a larger 7 inch viewing screen.
Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #38

I guess I'm being thick-headed but I don't get the advantage of having a backup camera. I'm pretty much a novice but I am able to back pretty well using my side mirrors and my DW as a spotter. (37 foot Cedar Creek) She knows exactly what to watch for and I have the added advantage of being able to blame it on her if I hit something <LOL>.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #39
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

It's like having a back up camera on your truck or car. It also helps to see your guide person if they should they disappear from your rear view mirror . I'm also a seasoned camper and have backed many a trailer into tight spots. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #40

RJD - I guess it's a case of to each his own. Peace my friend!

2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote