Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #1

rear view camera.

Hello again, Our 31RK Silverback has a mount where we can have a rear view camera installed. We talked to dealer and they have a voyager rear view camera. This mounts to the top back rear of 5th with a 7in screen mounted on our dash in truck.

Does anyone have this type of model camera mounted? if so, how do you like it? is it just a rear view camera? or can you use it when driving as to view what is happening behind us on the road.

thanks,

bill & jodi

Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #2

Stormy, you will be completely happy with the wireless Voyager system. On my previous 5th wheel I had a cheaper/no name wireless camera and most of the time it was nothing but static. When we ordered or new Columbus we ordered it with the Voyager camera and could not be happier. It is powered from the running lights so I always drive with these on to watch the rear. It also has audio so if you wish to listen to the DW while backing in a site. Just want to have the audio turned down while driving or you will pick up a lot of wind noise.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #3

great, thanks for info, did the dealer install it? or did you install it? wondered if it is hard to do.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #4

It was installed at the factory and the power for it comes from one of the clearance lights. Since its wireless that is all the wiring you need. The picture is rock solid. Go for it!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysalr View Post
Stormy, you will be completely happy with the wireless Voyager system. On my previous 5th wheel I had a cheaper/no name wireless camera and most of the time it was nothing but static. When we ordered or new Columbus we ordered it with the Voyager camera and could not be happier. It is powered from the running lights so I always drive with these on to watch the rear. It also has audio so if you wish to listen to the DW while backing in a site. Just want to have the audio turned down while driving or you will pick up a lot of wind noise.
baysalr, can you tell me what model voyager camera system you have on your Columbus?

Thanks!
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #6

It is a model waom562 with a 5" monitor witch is plenty large enough.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysalr View Post
I installed the Voyager system on our 38FL and I wouldn't leave home without it. Just have to remember to turn on your TV lights to get power to the 5th wheel clearance lights. Makes changing lanes ever so much easier too......you'll be amazed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 CC  (1).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	61260  
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #8

thanks, I wondered if it was easy enough to do own install.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #9
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
thanks, I wondered if it was easy enough to do own install.
All you need do is remove one of the clearance lights, pull out the existing wires, attach the two wires from the camera, stuff all the wires back into the hole, re-insert the clearance light and apply some sealer to waterproof the light again...... I would suggest turning on the system to make sure you have all the wiring correct, before reassembly (don't ask me how I know that) Easy-peasy
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #10

so I remove the middle light and use that for the camera, then that is light is disabled? does that cause any DOT problems? like headlights out on a truck? thanks