Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #1

Refrigerator leans

After riding on some rough roads, we opened up our Silverback 31RE to find the refrigerator door open the refrigerator leaning towards the center of the trailer. I can't move it and suspect something is underneath the rear legs. Does anyone know how the fridge is attached to the trailer and how to repair.
Henry16415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #2

I guess the first question is the frig a RV or residential model? If residential it will have a small bracket screwed to cabinet and against the frig cabinet. Also if residential it should have come with a screw retainer to keep both doors from being able to open.
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughd033 View Post
I guess the first question is the frig a RV or residential model? If residential it will have a small bracket screwed to cabinet and against the frig cabinet. Also if residential it should have come with a screw retainer to keep both doors from being able to open.

I have a residential refrigerator and I cross threaded the retainer screw and now when traveling I have a long strap that I use to keep the refrigerator doors closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #4

Frig lean

Yes agree the machine thread they used instead of a course metal thread is easier to cross thread especially on a smaller diameter device. Still sounds like the front legs were not adjusted correctly and the holding bracket has either snapped off or became lose and rotated off. Sounds from the age this should be under warranty but if not check for the bracket to see if there and if able to tighten then set frig back into cabinet and adjust the frig so you get just enough back angle so door want to shut and then drill and tap a new hole near the existing hole and go with a course thread but same diameter bolt that way you don't hit anything important. Best of luck and safe travels
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator