Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Replacing ceiling fan light

We have a 2011 Cedar Creek 36 RE and need to replace the light kit on the ceiling fan. I called the distributor who (I believe) sold the fan to the manufacturer and was told to call my dealer. I called my dealer and was told that I could buy one at Lowes and if I brought the RV in to replace either, that is what they would do. Fine. Bought one at Lowes but it doesn't fit into the wire housing below the fan blades.

Has anyone had to replace the light and been able to find one that fit without having to replace the entire fan?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 CedarCreek 36RE.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	39532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dodge truck 1.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	39533  
GRHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Yes. On my 03 SOB. I had to swap out the housing. You will not be able to do that if the fixtures are pressed into your new housing.

If you can't. You might want to take the old one to Dans Fan City to match a new one up.

Tags
fan, light